www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am not going pro, but if someone takes cash at a sanctioned tournament, does that mean they are pro? Are they then able to take plastic playing am1 if their rating is low enough or is it, once you take cash, no more plastic? What about at unsanctioned events? do the rules still apply? Just wondering for my future :)

Tags: Pro, cash, plastic, unsanctioned

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only potential baggers are those Ams with ratings over 969. However, since we have yet to find a sport that requires Ams to turn Pro once they get to a certain skill level, they are not baggers by definition since Ams can have as high a rating as they want without turning pro.
What happens with 969+ rated golfers, who accept cash in an Open division? Then play AM1? Do they qualify as a sandbagger? If so, and you'd like to know when and where this is happening in PDGA sanctioned events, please PM me as I'm not going to call out individuals publicly in this forum.

The idea is for this to stop, not to punish people.
If you know of this happening, please contact both the TD and the PDGA office and let them handle the problem. The rules are designed to be fair but that doesn't mean the rules are always followed in the field either by accident or deliberately. Thanks for the tip.
i think we should go back to how it was years ago!!! One division!!! You sign up for a tournament and you play against everyone. we will see who the real sandbaggers are then!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968