www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

hey all,
my inlaws have moved to brooksville and i'll be spending a week there over christmas. i'll likely have time to hit 2 courses, they need to be within 45 minutes or so of brooksville. current plan is the redhawk and the quarry. are there others i should consider instead? preference is for courses with some legit par 4/5 holes.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd play FLORAL CITY over The Quarry, it's mostly open but 18 holes and free, well marked, well maintained park landscape. some long holes, and gentle hills. Many fire ants! I still have marks on my neck from 2 months ago being attacked there.

Quarry is like 10$, 9 holes, pretty basic golf course with a sweet finisher hole.

Red Hawk an obvious must.

SKIP Inverness unless you absolutely love 2-foot wide 'fairways' through dense jungle.
Oh and depending on your route and time, other course that are worth the stop en route from the north are in: FL- Live Oak, Gainesville (Northside Park- one of Florida's best), Ocala. And coastal Fl if there's time on the way back- Orlando (Gordon Barnett and Turkey Lake), Debary, Daytona Beach.

Stop by the IDGC near Augusta GA on the way if you can.
thanks Ben! we'll be flying in so IDGC will have to wait for a different trip.
You should come to Clearwater it is about 1 hour an 10 minutes from Brooksville. Cliff Stephens Park is one of the most beautiful courses in Florida. Also the home of Ken Climo the 12 X World Champion. While you visit Clearwater, check out the Largest Disc Golf Store in the World! The Clearwater Disc Golf Store. We have over 30,000 discs to choose from. We are here 9 am to 9pm M-F 7 days a week. Visit my web site www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com and check us out!
Ben makes some good suggestions. Red hawk is an obvious one and I would recommend Ocala over all the others. It will give you a totally different point of view but a look at what the central Florida landscape would be if there were no development. It's 24 holes on a pine sandhill ecosystem so there is some nice elevation change for Florida. It's about an hour from Brooksville but definately worth that extra 15 minutes outside your 45 minute range. I'm up in Gainesville and Northside Park is my home course but anytime I get a chance to go play Ocala I jump all over it. It is truly something special. Good luck with your trip and have fun. Any idea when you might be in the area? If you do play Ocala I would meet up with you depending on what day you'll be out there.

Brian
Red Hawk!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968