www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'll be in the neighborhood of Branson and was curious to know the courses that "have" to played while i'm down there.  I'll be coming down for 3 weeks and want to play something fun.  Also, I did a search on PDGA's website and I see no tourneys during the time I'll be down there.  Anyone know of any that may have not been posted yet?  I'd like to hook up with some locals to show me around if possible.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ozark Mountain in Vichy--possibly the hardest course in the country...

Vichy is nowhere near Branson.  It is about a 3 hour drive.  But you are correct, it is one of the hardest courses around.  It is a private course, but if you talk with Dave McCormack (Gateway owner), he can usually set something up for you.

I have heard that there are some nice courses in/around the Springfield, MO area.  That is only about 30 or so minutes away from Branson.  Looking at DGCR, it looks like Grubaugh Park might be a fun course...

I'm willing to drive up to two hours away from there.  The mailing address of where i'll be is Galena, somewhere near Cape Fair and Reed Springs.  I'm going to be out of Alaska for the first time since I started playing disc golf and I want to soak up some new courses.
ok listen.  I live 20 mins from Branson in Springfield.  there is a serious course in bellavista arkansas.  It isn't too far at all. it will challenge all your ability.  also, there is an ok course in springdale arkansas.  you probably don't want to waste your time with the two courses in branson as they are kind of a joke.  Springfield has some courses that are ok.  My favorite course around here is in Ozark.  fun little 18 hole course.  you can play it with a putter and a midrange, minus the 400 footer, unless you have a huge arm.  there is a tourney this Saturday in Ozark.  it isn't sanctioned because its for charity but it is still a lot of fun.  My buddy and I would be willing to show you around if you like just let me know
Sounds good, not up for the joke courses, but something is better than nothing.  I don't have a huge arm as I'm only throwing a little over 400'.  I do play a lot of putter and mid only rounds, so I'm always up for those...short game is where it is at.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968