www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone know the cheapest place/ price i can get one of those disc golf golden retrievers?

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh ya, I have used mine to get discs out of trees and peoples yards. I don't like jumping fences or pissing off the people that live around a course. One guy saw me throw the retriever into his yard and thanked me for not jumping his fence. He gave me a couple discs that he had found in his yard for handling my wayward throw this way.
Nah dude...he may not live in Hickory now but he was born and raised there.
Hey I commented on this post.... did some one remove it? Ouch where is the love... maybe I am just crazy... was there another post within the week about golden retrievers?

I got a few pink one left $22.50 shipped! Let me know if any one wants them, getting ready to move so I am gearing down, once I get back to Eugen OR I'll restock and try to have twice as much stuff in stock.

So, I learned a great lesson today about using a DiscDiver Golden Retriever...when trying to get a disc in water over 30 feet away, tie the rope to your wrist...or...figure out a way to tie a handle to the rope...because I just lost 25.00 worth of a Golden Retriever under the water today...when the rope slipped from my hands...

If I can see the disc and it's not sitting above the pond floor (thule, moss, etc). It works 100% of the time, but if I can't see it or it's not resting on the bottom. It's a toss up for me, but my friend who does a lot of fishing can just snag discs by feel. It's pretty funny watching him work.

So far my retriever has paid for it's self 10 fold!

the disc fishing is an art at the Memorial every year  ......  them boys have got some good retrievers ... looks to me that they used perhaps fridge shelf grates  or  shopping cart sides  that they cut to 3' x 1' size tie some long rope to them and huck them into the briney ...... just have to make sure a disc won't slip thru the grating ... tons of discs are returned out of the pond and into the lost and found,   and the competitors can retrieve their most favorite disc for the next day.

That price sounds about right to me. I was shocked when I got mine a few years ago, thinking it was a rip-off for $25.00. It has paid for itself 20+ times over. It has a little rust and chipped paint, but it still works great. Just recovering ONE disc and it is worth the price. Because of its design, visual on the underwater disc is almost mandatory. I think there is another product out there for "blind" fishing, but it is not something you'd carry around with you.

Go ahead and pay the price, it will pay for itself if you play water hazards.

I have one. Its worth every penny. Ive saved probably $500 in discs (not all mine of course). I have a loop in the end of mine and clip it to my bag before I toss it. I recomend this so you dont toss it in as well. Fast flowing water, like a river, its harder to get them out otherwise as long as you can see the disc you can usually get it out.

Easiest way , if you have the means like I do , Tye your Golden Retriever to a Ocean Reel and Rod with 130 pound test line. Just cast out and retrieve. :D

I  have exstended  poles for sale.   They are  24 ft. long plus your reach.   Up a tree, it works well there to.  A golden retriever only works if you can see the disc in the water.   You find 4 discs, the pole pays for itself.   GB  #554

I pulled 3 discs (not mine) of the river friday. One was a 5x ace disc. Another $50 saved by the retriever.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968