www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My good friend Steve Werner died yesterday (3/12/9). He was a good man and a good friend.
A gentle type, he was quick with a smile and even quicker with an excuse for a bad drive/upshot/putt!!!
A UFOS forever, I will miss him mightily. I know others will aswell.
I will see you in the Final Round my Friend!
Peace be with you...

Tags: Friends, Steve, UFOS, Werner

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Like throwing off #2 at Chico ......... there's just gotta be disc golf in heaven
My condolences Rick and may Steve rest in peace. May his drives never again land in the shule.
My Prayers and thoughts to his family and to all who knew Steve, Rejoice and celibrate his life with friends.

God Bless
It's always hard to loose someone close. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Peace to him, his family, you and yours.
Peace, love and disc golf.
Thank you all for the kind words. Knowing that he is with god, and no longer suffering is a small comfort...
I can't begin to tell you all how much Steve's passing kills us all. He was and will always be the most courageous MAN I've ever known. Accept for my father, who passed away 18 months ago from a very similar cancer, Steve will forever be MY hero. And I will miss him , painfully, for the rest of my days.
Steve introduced me to disc golf. I've come to find out recently he did the same for more of us than I think he even knew. He was a true die hard. Loved the sport. Loved the people and most of all he just loved life. I am both comforted and tortured by the memories of our countless trips and time spent together. I was reminded recently.... that I've spent more time with him ,Rick, George and Kevin, out screwing around, than I've spent with my own family in recent months. But I wouldn't change a thing.
Life goes on and we all have to accept that. But for those who truly knew Steve.... life will be a bit empty without him.

Steve... I love you man... and we will miss you.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. May Steve rest in peace.
My condolences to his friends and family !!
The UFOS will be holding a Memorial for Steve tonite at the Petrified Forest DGC in Sonoma Co. (their Club page probably has info for those wishing to attend). While I cannot make it down there, I will be with you guys in Spirit.

I know Steve will be looking down at you guys and smiling!
I did not know Mr. Warner personally, but as far as I'm concerned, any friend of disc golf is a friend of mine. Rest in peace, good sir.
hey now,my condolences to you, his family and friends.Add another disc to the roof top.Peace

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968