www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Approaching the end of my first year disc golfing, I have enjoyed playing immensely. I love taking time to read and watch as much instructional material as possible, as well as developing a regular practice regimen. I have a large group of personal friends that play with me, but I would really like to expand my horizons and play with other people.

How competent should a player be before attempting to compete in leagues and tourneys, and how do you find and get involved in them?

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For a day/weekender trip, consider carpooling to  the Lemon Lake Disc Golf Complex.  We have four championship level courses (we held 2010 Pro Worlds and want to hold an AM Worlds soon!!), a fifth roughed out, plans for a sixth.  We are in NW indiana.   We cater to new players for our leagues.  The baskets stay in the ground all year.  The gate will not charge again until daylight savings in March.  Winter leagues are as follows.....Tuesday $10 semi-random doubles (Brian Cummings runs this one) the tuesday weather has been bad so far so its been held on Thursday as much as Tuesday, lol, at 2:30pm (we update on the Lemon Lake Disc Golf site on Facebook to tell the day the floating Tuesday league is being held.  Have a job, good for you!!!!   For you we have Saturday $10 divisional singles league, no handicap at noon, or a Sunday 9am "Church of Latter Day Discterians" California $5 doubles run by Mike Triumph (one extra shot per hole for pro/adv and two for int/rec/nov).  At noon on Sunday we have more Brian Cummings  $10 semi-random draw doubles.  He pairs pro/adv with int/rec, most of the time.  There is also a shop on site with many discs for sale, in winter, hours are very reduced as is the daylight.  Check the www.redrocdiscgolfclub.com site for most accurate days and times of operation. 

Attending school in North Dakota means my time in Michigan for Christmas will be pretty packed. When summer rolls around, I may very well find myself down there. Sounds like fun!

An hour away  south from the hustle and bustle of Chicago. In Edenic southern Lake County Indiana.

make me a Facebook friend and you will always be in the loop.  I've got my thumb in everything around here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968