www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

what's a good midrange if the roc and buzz don't feel right in your hand? any advice would be appreciated.

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm personally a big fan of the Wasp as you can use as a BH Hyzer disc and a FH Anny disc. Try different plastic's in those line's and see if one fit's you better. My ESP Buzz doesn't fly the same was as an zlite x or z. Just a few ideas.
Old school...try a shark in DX. New school...try a Coyote in Champ or Cro in Star
Discraft-Wasp, Glide, Breeze, Meteor. Innova Kite, I think that the feel of a midrange is acquired, keep working with it.
Sentinel or QMS, shark is a good choice as well.
I like the Comet, it has amazing glide and a good fade. Also Rhyno's or Gators if you prefer Overstable. I throw the "Nebula" this years Discraft Ace Race disc, it flies around 200 ft with a slight anhyzer. Its similar to the Cro, another great midrange.
if you are throwing from a stand still, a DGA rogue can be a straight shooter and get a little more D than a roc or Buzzz IMHO.
if your using a run-up approach, not sure.
Q-Sentinel - straight and reliable
I throw a wolf and a buzzz. I just got the Wolf and I think it's great. A friend had the Wolf and I threw it, liked it and bought it!
I felt the same way and was way to inconsistant with my throws then I saw a vid on youtube about proper midrange grip and not only did my grip feel better but now my game has improved throwing more mids more accurately(ecspecially in holes in the woods).The vid was Dave Feldberg.
coyote, element, panther
If you are trying to grip your midrange like a driver...then watch the video Sappydisc has referrenced. I had the opposite problem for the longest time..drivers didn't 'feel' right in my hands when throwing backhand...but my midrange felt great...just a different grip and some time in a field and it now feels much better...but I still have almost as much D with a Buzzz as I do with my driver..and the Buzzz is more accurate for me...but I'm working on it.

If you don't like the lip on the disc...then that's another thing. I personally hate the lip on the Roc...thus I hate the lip on the Comet..and Wasp...I love the Drone..but I throw it in FLX plastic...the Buzzz has a better blockier lip that I like..thus I like the Meteor...the Spider is quite nice...and I love the Cro...is it a lip thing?... a diameter thing? A feel of certain plastics? You may need to give us a little more information on what this 'Feel' is.

Sappydisc said:
I felt the same way and was way to inconsistant with my throws then I saw a vid on youtube about proper midrange grip and not only did my grip feel better but now my game has improved throwing more mids more accurately(ecspecially in holes in the woods).The vid was Dave Feldberg.
gateway element

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968