www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

what's a good midrange if the roc and buzz don't feel right in your hand? any advice would be appreciated.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Charles,

you're looking for a good midrange. I would highly recommend putting a great DX Spider in your bag, as well as a nice storm. I prefer the Elite X plastic over others, though I am getting some Elite Z Storms and giving them a throw. The spider will do whatever you want. Little smaller than the Roc, but throws great. The Storm will also, do whatever you want. Flick, backhand, any hyzer shots, etc. great disc. It will fly bone straight 300-350 ft no problem. Just make it fly brother.
Cheers!
Geoff
I was going to suggest what Eric Beich said, but for a different reason. If the narrow rim of a Roc or Buzzz is what makes it feel wrong, a no run-up Rogue might work. But I also agree with the guy who said you just have to get used to the narrow rim. Mids are too important not to throw.

When I want the accuracy of stand-and-deliver and the distance of a run-up with a Buzzz, I stand and deliver with a Rogue. If I need to get 250 on a low line drive because of a low ceiling, I might Rogue that.
I would try a Millenium Sentinel MF if you can find one. they are similar to a roc but a little more fade and speed I think. Discraft Meteor, Innova Coyote, Innova Spider, and Innova Wolf are a few others that have worked for me.
I recon you should give a star cro a go there a nice midrange and you can get some good D with them
I love my Champion Spider. Awesome disc.
Try the spider, used one for almost a year for the same reason, but still practiced with the roc
I also love the CE spider, first runs only. They are always true but if the wind is up a little I have gone to the first run Cros, just as good as the spider but a little more stable and makes a great head wind putter. I have tried and tried to throw rocs, but I just can't get it down. I think its the diameter of the disc, just a little bigger than anything else I throw, so I gave it up. I still have some very nice rocs on the wall but I just don't throw them any more.
I'll have to put in my vote for the "Innova SPIDER & GATOR". The Spider can change directions just by tipping the "nose" up or down, it's small so it fit's in the hand well. The Gator has a bad rap, ie: "can't get distance", not only does the "Weeny Arm" get good mid-range distance, the gator can be placed easly and it can hit the ground near a hole hard but not bounce up and roll away like a lot of mid-range disc's, jmho. The Spider is a muti-purpose disc, so I don't have to have "2 putters", I use a Rhyno putter and my Spider as back up if needed. :)

B.J. (bogeyman) Ondo
Colorado Springs, CO.
What a great topic as I feel the exact same way about the larger diameter Buzz or Roc. What I've settled on are 3 discs all at max weight. For a big hyzer I use a star Gator, for straighter shots I throw a Champion (first run) Spider, and for anhyzer (and approach) shots I throw a champion Panther. DO NOT underestimate the champion Panther! The Cro feels good too, but no more room in the bag :)
comet understable, drone over
the cro and gator have a different feel to them then the roc and buzzz, but fly nearly as well. I know someone metioned the wasp, but it has the exact feel of a roc so thats no good. It almost sound like the lip is your issue, you should be able to use any disc (with practice and make it work for wahtever shot you need. Hell, I putt with a flex xl mainly because I dont like the lips on most putters plus I can control the flight with the xl. Just expirement with some others until you find something that works for you.
Storm

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968