www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

what's a good midrange if the roc and buzz don't feel right in your hand? any advice would be appreciated.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What grip do you use? A power grip just feels wrong on a midrange to me. I use more of a modified fan...actually its the grip that Feldberg advises on a midrange. I just thought it felt best and then he confirmed it...now I can sleep easy. :-)
Comet
dx cobra
I now see that I wasn't the first, or even the second to talk about the Feldberg video...sorry for the duplicate advice. :-/
In the last month, I've found the DX Cobra to be more versatile than I'd thought.
Star Cro is the way to go, in my opinion. Aus-discgolfer got me onto them, and I love em! They're not quite as fast or overstable as say a Buzz, so they make a good companion to my FLX Buzz for my mid-range throws (Buzz is better for squeezing more distance out as you can s-curve them, whereas the Cro thrown anhyzer geneally won't fade back as much at the end).

Go The Cro!

PS has anyone else noticed Innova's fascination with three letter disc names like Cro, Roc, Orc? Wonder if its an inside joke or if these letters stand for anything?
I have a star Kite for another option as a midrange. It's more of a finesse midrange and kinda flippy so you might have to get used to it. I agree that you just have to get use to the rim and not throw it like a distance driver. I've had a Cobra before and those are good discs as well.
08 Ace Race Disc - the Nebula is what Ive gone to from the Buzzz, But I still got a Buzzz in the bag
If I do not throw a Roc or Buzz then my next option is the Kite or the Skeeter
If the height/thickness of the disc is what's bothering you about the Roc or Buzz, consider the Classic Roc for shorter midrange up to 200 ft (and putting) and Squall for 180 ft and longer mid-range.
Try a CORE- by Latitude 64 it flies insanely straight sometimes, slightly smaller grip then Buzz, exact same look and feel.
I use the Shark, but the Kite (DX's) has been taking over that spot, not completely. I just picked up the Buzz and Meteor (ESP's) to see how they are. I use the Classic Roc as well though, as a shorter approach disc that flies really straight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968