www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like to play the disc for the shot, I have plenty of overstable discs but i need some good understables. I am getting an Avenger SS and I have a Pro D Stingray. What else would be good for understable discs that I could get for both Distance and Mid-Range, and even multi-purpose?

Current Bag-

Distance:
Pro D- Avenger
Star- Sidewinder

Fairway/Multi Purpose:
Pro D- Stingray

Mid-Range:
S Series- X Element
Champion- Spider
ESP- Buzz

Putter:
Aviar

Views: 2415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the Teebird and the TL. They will fill in all the gaps between your distance drivers and midrangers.
Drivers: Sidewinder, Vision(my Favorite)
Fairway: Leopard, TL
Mid: Wolf, Panther, Hawk
Midrange i would try a classic roc.For the fairway or multipurpose i would try a cobra,both these discs are great understable discs that fly mostly straight with little fade at the end,as you get more power you will surely replace them with discs a little more stable.The classic roc and cobra were two of my favorite discs when i started playing.The ss you mentioned should do you well for the distance part of your game.Good luck and keep throwing.
Drivers(distance):
Champion or Star Valkyrie
Opto Vision

Drivers(fairway):
Champion Leopard
QJLS
ESP Cyclone

Midrange:
Elite X Comet
Elite Z Comet
Champion Coyote
Leopards are understable discs that work great for distance, mid range, and multi-purpose. Probably about what you want.

My next step up for anny is a Beast which is definitely not understable nor is it multi-purpose.. Next step down is a Wolf which your Stingray definitely has covered.
DX Stingray, DX Cobra, DX XD, DX Archangel, DX Sidewinder, Star Roadrunner, TeeBird-L, Cheetah, Leopard, Gazelle are some that I use for turnover and roller shots. It helps a lot if the disc is beat enough to look useless. My ugly discs make me money...they have been beat, crushed, run over by cars, but they hold a turn like magic and will fight out of any hyzer angle...My favorite right now is the Star Roadrunner. I am using it for long straight flights, Big Sky Anhyzers, and it will Roll a mile. Yummy.

My beat-in Z Surge SS can hold an anny line till it lands now. I just need to figure out how to control it!
If you're looking at the Classic Roc as a mid range make sure it is a Pro or DX. The Champ and Star Classic Rocs are actually an overstable putter. The Cobra is a good straight flyer. Another midrange to check out would be an Ontario mold Roc. They are the most understable of the three Roc molds.
I carry 4 discs I consider understable.
Drivers
Champion groove for long anhyzers
Star sidewinder for shorter anhyzers

Midrainge
Flx buzzz for slight anhyzers
Star onterio roc for big anhyzers
I hear ya on the control, I can anny the Pro D Avenger that I have but it is wild as it can be. But that is the one thing that will come with time for me I guess.
Love my Hawk! Meteor is a great midrange too. I have a few Meteors that I'm looking to sell/trade if you are interested.
I second the Meteor for a good mid range. With just the right touch it produces the most beautiful anhyzer line. I have to second whoever mentioned the QJLS (too lazy to scroll and look, forgive me). They for me are actually a little more stable than a Valkyrie, but when they get a little beat in they produce a great high speed turn, and wont flip unless you really muscle it. I have my farthest throw ever with a 172gr QJLS. Another good under stable disc is a Z Glide. I picked one up to try and get a bit more distance than my Meteor when thrown with more power, and something more controllable than my Stratus. So far I am still learning the disc, but it has shown some great potential, and seems to be what I was looking for.

A Pro D XL would be a good choice as a multi purpose disc. I actually use a well seasoned FLX XL and it rock for straight wooded holes and for small hyzer finesse shots.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968