www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like to play the disc for the shot, I have plenty of overstable discs but i need some good understables. I am getting an Avenger SS and I have a Pro D Stingray. What else would be good for understable discs that I could get for both Distance and Mid-Range, and even multi-purpose?

Current Bag-

Distance:
Pro D- Avenger
Star- Sidewinder

Fairway/Multi Purpose:
Pro D- Stingray

Mid-Range:
S Series- X Element
Champion- Spider
ESP- Buzz

Putter:
Aviar

Views: 2446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the Teebird and the TL. They will fill in all the gaps between your distance drivers and midrangers.
Drivers: Sidewinder, Vision(my Favorite)
Fairway: Leopard, TL
Mid: Wolf, Panther, Hawk
Midrange i would try a classic roc.For the fairway or multipurpose i would try a cobra,both these discs are great understable discs that fly mostly straight with little fade at the end,as you get more power you will surely replace them with discs a little more stable.The classic roc and cobra were two of my favorite discs when i started playing.The ss you mentioned should do you well for the distance part of your game.Good luck and keep throwing.
Drivers(distance):
Champion or Star Valkyrie
Opto Vision

Drivers(fairway):
Champion Leopard
QJLS
ESP Cyclone

Midrange:
Elite X Comet
Elite Z Comet
Champion Coyote
Leopards are understable discs that work great for distance, mid range, and multi-purpose. Probably about what you want.

My next step up for anny is a Beast which is definitely not understable nor is it multi-purpose.. Next step down is a Wolf which your Stingray definitely has covered.
DX Stingray, DX Cobra, DX XD, DX Archangel, DX Sidewinder, Star Roadrunner, TeeBird-L, Cheetah, Leopard, Gazelle are some that I use for turnover and roller shots. It helps a lot if the disc is beat enough to look useless. My ugly discs make me money...they have been beat, crushed, run over by cars, but they hold a turn like magic and will fight out of any hyzer angle...My favorite right now is the Star Roadrunner. I am using it for long straight flights, Big Sky Anhyzers, and it will Roll a mile. Yummy.

My beat-in Z Surge SS can hold an anny line till it lands now. I just need to figure out how to control it!
If you're looking at the Classic Roc as a mid range make sure it is a Pro or DX. The Champ and Star Classic Rocs are actually an overstable putter. The Cobra is a good straight flyer. Another midrange to check out would be an Ontario mold Roc. They are the most understable of the three Roc molds.
I carry 4 discs I consider understable.
Drivers
Champion groove for long anhyzers
Star sidewinder for shorter anhyzers

Midrainge
Flx buzzz for slight anhyzers
Star onterio roc for big anhyzers
I hear ya on the control, I can anny the Pro D Avenger that I have but it is wild as it can be. But that is the one thing that will come with time for me I guess.
Love my Hawk! Meteor is a great midrange too. I have a few Meteors that I'm looking to sell/trade if you are interested.
I second the Meteor for a good mid range. With just the right touch it produces the most beautiful anhyzer line. I have to second whoever mentioned the QJLS (too lazy to scroll and look, forgive me). They for me are actually a little more stable than a Valkyrie, but when they get a little beat in they produce a great high speed turn, and wont flip unless you really muscle it. I have my farthest throw ever with a 172gr QJLS. Another good under stable disc is a Z Glide. I picked one up to try and get a bit more distance than my Meteor when thrown with more power, and something more controllable than my Stratus. So far I am still learning the disc, but it has shown some great potential, and seems to be what I was looking for.

A Pro D XL would be a good choice as a multi purpose disc. I actually use a well seasoned FLX XL and it rock for straight wooded holes and for small hyzer finesse shots.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968