www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like to play the disc for the shot, I have plenty of overstable discs but i need some good understables. I am getting an Avenger SS and I have a Pro D Stingray. What else would be good for understable discs that I could get for both Distance and Mid-Range, and even multi-purpose?

Current Bag-

Distance:
Pro D- Avenger
Star- Sidewinder

Fairway/Multi Purpose:
Pro D- Stingray

Mid-Range:
S Series- X Element
Champion- Spider
ESP- Buzz

Putter:
Aviar

Views: 2446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I threw an ESP Avenger SS and a Champ Sidewinder for a while and dropped the Avenger because I preferred the smaller diameter of the sidewinder. The flights were very similar however.

I like the Stratus for an understable mid. My favorite are the ones that are just utterly ruined. I love that I can just basically flick my wrist and have it stand up and glide for quite a way. They are invaluable in restricted stance situations. It's really fun to shape straight shots down tunnels with this disc.

Another already recommended disc is the Z Glide. It's a great out of the box understable disc. The turn produced is just smooth and predictable with this disc.

Lot's of people these days are also noting that the Comet is a great understable mid. We played a round recently at leagues where you had to switch bags with someone else and I had a lot of fun throwing this disc.
What a cool Idea. That would make for a fun round. Now what do you do. If you score better with the other persons bag!
Well you'll love the avenger ss, i personally like it in Z plastic the best, for a distance anny driver. Good fairway anny driver is Vision by Lat. 64 in the Opto plastice (like z). Good middy anny disc is the meteor, the esp has a good feel to it.
I did about the same! I found enough similarity to score well and then on the holes where I needed to use something I hadn't thrown, I'd ask the person about the disc and how I should throw it. I'd blindly set the angle based on their advice and low and behold I'd duece those holes. It was a lot of fun. We had a rule from the onset that if you lost a disc you had to replace it. You could take out those discs that were irreplacable.
Keep It. LoL
I have a 171 gram Innova Star Kite and really like it. It is a controllable mid-range but it has a 6 glide that makes it travel almost as far as drivers. It is great for hyzer flips, anhyzers and shorter straight shots. It is a newer disc for Innova and not yet getting the attention it deserves.
I have a Star Sidewinder 150 class that is my flippiest disc

My DX Archangel is really easy to put on an Anny too, and so is my Champ Roadrunner.

I will never ever let go of my Sidewinder, ever!!! In fact, i guess i will need more, because if I were to lose it in a tournament, I wouldn't stop thinking about not having that shot in my bag that is Guaranteed.
I like the FLX Surge SS.
The Wolf is probably my very favorite understable disc of all at this point.. Good for annys ranging from 150 to 300 or so.
I have found my new favorite driver. I purchased a used Champion Roadrunner and I love it. I am also looking to get a Valk. I now need to keep working on the mid-range. Thanks for the tips guys and loving the suggestions as to what people use for Understables.
a good understable driver is the Valkyrie. Mid range pick up a comet.
i disagree scot, for a newbie a valkerie isn't that flippy nor easy to put on an anny. its more of a straight shot that has a little curve to left at the very end of it. i do think everyone needs a Valkyrie. as you grow, it does more for you and then anny's are possible. yours may be beat in pretty good too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968