www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like to play the disc for the shot, I have plenty of overstable discs but i need some good understables. I am getting an Avenger SS and I have a Pro D Stingray. What else would be good for understable discs that I could get for both Distance and Mid-Range, and even multi-purpose?

Current Bag-

Distance:
Pro D- Avenger
Star- Sidewinder

Fairway/Multi Purpose:
Pro D- Stingray

Mid-Range:
S Series- X Element
Champion- Spider
ESP- Buzz

Putter:
Aviar

Views: 2413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I threw an ESP Avenger SS and a Champ Sidewinder for a while and dropped the Avenger because I preferred the smaller diameter of the sidewinder. The flights were very similar however.

I like the Stratus for an understable mid. My favorite are the ones that are just utterly ruined. I love that I can just basically flick my wrist and have it stand up and glide for quite a way. They are invaluable in restricted stance situations. It's really fun to shape straight shots down tunnels with this disc.

Another already recommended disc is the Z Glide. It's a great out of the box understable disc. The turn produced is just smooth and predictable with this disc.

Lot's of people these days are also noting that the Comet is a great understable mid. We played a round recently at leagues where you had to switch bags with someone else and I had a lot of fun throwing this disc.
What a cool Idea. That would make for a fun round. Now what do you do. If you score better with the other persons bag!
Well you'll love the avenger ss, i personally like it in Z plastic the best, for a distance anny driver. Good fairway anny driver is Vision by Lat. 64 in the Opto plastice (like z). Good middy anny disc is the meteor, the esp has a good feel to it.
I did about the same! I found enough similarity to score well and then on the holes where I needed to use something I hadn't thrown, I'd ask the person about the disc and how I should throw it. I'd blindly set the angle based on their advice and low and behold I'd duece those holes. It was a lot of fun. We had a rule from the onset that if you lost a disc you had to replace it. You could take out those discs that were irreplacable.
Keep It. LoL
I have a 171 gram Innova Star Kite and really like it. It is a controllable mid-range but it has a 6 glide that makes it travel almost as far as drivers. It is great for hyzer flips, anhyzers and shorter straight shots. It is a newer disc for Innova and not yet getting the attention it deserves.
I have a Star Sidewinder 150 class that is my flippiest disc

My DX Archangel is really easy to put on an Anny too, and so is my Champ Roadrunner.

I will never ever let go of my Sidewinder, ever!!! In fact, i guess i will need more, because if I were to lose it in a tournament, I wouldn't stop thinking about not having that shot in my bag that is Guaranteed.
I like the FLX Surge SS.
The Wolf is probably my very favorite understable disc of all at this point.. Good for annys ranging from 150 to 300 or so.
I have found my new favorite driver. I purchased a used Champion Roadrunner and I love it. I am also looking to get a Valk. I now need to keep working on the mid-range. Thanks for the tips guys and loving the suggestions as to what people use for Understables.
a good understable driver is the Valkyrie. Mid range pick up a comet.
i disagree scot, for a newbie a valkerie isn't that flippy nor easy to put on an anny. its more of a straight shot that has a little curve to left at the very end of it. i do think everyone needs a Valkyrie. as you grow, it does more for you and then anny's are possible. yours may be beat in pretty good too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968