www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like to play the disc for the shot, I have plenty of overstable discs but i need some good understables. I am getting an Avenger SS and I have a Pro D Stingray. What else would be good for understable discs that I could get for both Distance and Mid-Range, and even multi-purpose?

Current Bag-

Distance:
Pro D- Avenger
Star- Sidewinder

Fairway/Multi Purpose:
Pro D- Stingray

Mid-Range:
S Series- X Element
Champion- Spider
ESP- Buzz

Putter:
Aviar

Views: 2438

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

can the vision hold a path bent right?

If anyone is still interested in this discussion I have to add that the Discraft Stratus and 137g Blizzard Teedevil have changed my game.  I have been using a meteor and sidewinder as my understable discs, but I had no idea what understable was until I threw the stratus and teedevil.  The blizz teedevil obviously does not fly like it should since it turns over and does not come back, but this is super useful for many left to right shots for me..... I throw rhbh.  These discs force me to put some hyzer on them in order for them not to turn and roll, but they just don't fade back if thrown hard.  Even when thrown high w/ nose slightly up they will just hold a hard anny.  Really opened my eyes to many different lines, shots and possibilities.  :)

If you're looking for a super understable disc then get a Quest Odyssey ULRD and try not to anhyzer it! Floats in water too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Hazardiscs-Disc-Golf/_i.html?_nkw=odyssey&am...

DX TeeBird and Star Sidewinder are nice controllable discs. I can't believe that nobody has mentioned the Westside King or the Skyquest Medusa. Both are fast yet understable drivers. I love the King in a tailwind, it will go a long ways.

Yes. The gold line plastic is more under stable then the opto. In the vision I thought it was to under stable the opto is good.

Mamba

Anyone know of an understable driver with good glide? Searching for a disc for a certain hole at nearby course. Currently, I drive an Innova Skeeter (Midrange) on the hole but want to find a driver with the same type of glide but more distance

westside northman will have a nice right hand turn at the end for those around to the right shots. for a straighter shot that fades reliably, check out the lat 64 flow(gold line)

Lighter Star Sidewinder(Innova), GL Flow(Lat 64) as said above, Avenger SS(Discraft), or D4 (prodigy), 

I have been checking out the Lat64 Flow for a while. It seems like it would suit the shot i just havent gotten around to buying one yet.

stay clear of the opto line flow.. for some reason that mold in that plastic is drastically over-stable.

gold line all the way.

Thanks for tip brotha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968