www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

hey guys i've been looking at a new bag and wondered what you thought of the gorrilla boy kong bag.  is there any truth to there being some kind of warrenty with their bags?

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a Chimp and it is a top quality bag. If it ever wears out, I will buy another.
Don't now about warranty, but I have a Kong bag and it's OK at best. The fit and finish is poor, zippers are to small of a gauge, and storage is so so. The internal frame is a total joke! but I put in Innova's "U" channel soft frame and that was a major improvement. The plus, is that it's made out of cordura and by the "little guy". IMO the best bag out there at this point (until Grip EQ starts mass producing?) is the Latitude 64 bag. It's not perfect, but it's the closest to it that I've owned. That is, until I get my Grip bag ;)
Lots of folks swear by them. I can't quite see the price, it's pretty high. I prefer the Fade Tourney bag myself - pretty good bang for the buck.
I still swear by my OGIO back pack I just recently picked up. But if I ever need more, I would get one of the Grip bags as well.......after they are being mass produced and easier to get a hold of.

I bought my brother a chimp by GBDS which is a mid size bag. It has ample storage and is made of heavy cordura. The Kong is a larger bag with a few more bells and whistles. The finishing of the bag isnt flashy, but does it need to be? The bag is extremely tough. The drink holder is sweet. The thing is lighter than hell.  I have no doubt it will last a long time.  It is put together better than most innova bags. He is not a diehard golfer but plays twice a week.  It has held up pretty well.  Grades: Weight A+, Function A+, Storage B- (kong has more), Frame C, Craftsmanship B(shoulder pad isnt fancy and zippers could be bigger but no real problems), Durability A. GBDS makes good bags. I would recommend their products.  

My wife and I both have the chimp bag, they're medium.  Terrific bag!  I can fit anything I could possibly need on the course in the one large pocket, (golden retriever, baseball, towel, birdie bag etc..) and the smaller one, next to the drink holder is still completely empty.  Oh and about that drink holder, its extremely well insulated.  It's just a great, durable, lightweight... hmm "rugged" bag.  As far as price, I don't have an issue coming up with $65 bucks for this kind of quality!  People easily spend that on their shoes... which is cool, but this'll be around for ten years.

The one thing I don't like that Rescue mentioned is the frame.  I don't know... it seems to make it slightly... bulky?  I'm definitely going to look into the Innova U channel frame next time I hit up the Disc Golf Center.

Oh yeah, and I easily fit 14 discs in the main compartment, two putters in the front (7 drivers, 6 mids, 3 putters total in mine)  Maybe after the game I'll try to upload a photo of 'em...   :)

In mine, I replaced the 1/8" corrugated plastic with 3/8" corrugated plastic that I got from a local sign shop. Takes up room for one disc, but the frame and divider are both much more solid now.

I bought my son a "Kong" bag a few years ago. He loves it. I didn't want to duplicate, so I bought myself the Latitude 64 pro bag. It is also a very good bag. For the price however, I recommend the Fade Gear Tourney. Fade gear stuff is a very good value, I have a Fade Gear crunch box bag for those days I don't feel like lugging my big Latitude bag.

Keep in mind when you buy a large bag, you'll want to also buy some quad shocks. I got about $160.00 invested between my two bags and quad shocks.If I had it to do over again, I would seriously consider the "Golf Mahal" by mystery ranch. It is the ultimate disc golf bag in my opinion, but the cost is high, about $265.00. One day I'll graduate to that level and throw my other bags away. Mystery Ranch is the cream of the crop. Workmanship, design, and quality is unmatched. I think it has a lifetime warranty. There is a youtube video review for the Golf Mahal, I suggest you check it out.

I own one and yes, it does have a lifetime warranty.  It is without question the best bag I have ever owned. It has an adjustable yoke so it fits to the curve of your spine and can take whatever you can throw at it.

Last year I played in the Kalamazoo Championship and after 3 holes it started to rain like crazy. It didn't stop for the rest of the day. The Golf Mahal has a slot for a full umbrella to go into and everything (including the zippers) are waterproof. So I was able to walk with my bag on, umbrella over myself and discs at all times. I had it loaded up with discs, 2 Powerades, an umbrella, 3 towels, and my rain pants that I ended up ditching b/c I was sweating my keester off. It never felt heavy and there are still (After a year of regular use) no signs of wear.

Yup...it's expensive. But after getting through the hype and using it...it's worth it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968