www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, the Gentleman that all know as Rescue on the DGRUS Forum made his way up from his home to my  Grey Skied neck of the woods this weekend. He let me tag along while he and some of his Family hit a couple Washington courses I hadn't played yet. 

What a Friggin' BLAST. Rescue and his group were Good People. They were Instantly sociable, kind, and made me feel like part of the group. Which happens to be one of the things that got me hooked on disc golf in the first place... 

Anyway, got to meet Rescue, his Crew, and have a GREAT DAY of Disc Golf to top it off! Was a good Day!!!!

Rescue, thanks for letting me straggle behind and for not slapping me every time you had to help me find my disc.... ;) It was AWESOME to meet you and your crew! 

Maybe we could work on a DGRUS Meet Up type thing for regions, or States, or whatever, that want to meet others from this fine Forum....???

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am down if anyone wants to meet up before the RFDO in Rochester this August

I linked up with someone while I was down in Ypsi a few weeks ago. Worked out great and I would hook up again and will try next time Im leaving town and will have a chance to toss. Its a great way to play a new course without having to guess on the blind holes or go for a walk to see if you can find the basket. My wife was a little hesitant, somehow I convinced her that not everyone is a blood thirsty vampire waiting to prey upon her while her husband throws a round! LOL, good times.

That would be awesome.  Everyone on here has been really helpful.  As long as whoever I met up with doesn't mind hanging with a beginner.  I'm sure I would walk away with some great advice.

Sarasota Sky Pilots AMs tourney this past Memorial weekend had 5 DGRUS members.Steve B>Orlando area,Matt,Vic{dragon daddy},Pattie{stormie}>DeBary dgc area,and myself{mr ed} >Port Charlotte,all Florida dis golf throwers.

Good time had by all.Nice to put a face/body to the members we all meet on this site.

right on.  most of the members here as well as the general numbers of disc golfers across the world are all about the same. It's one of the coolest things about being  a member of this community, not just DGRUS peeps.

Glad you had fun.

When you coming to Texas .. Rescue?!  haha.

Yes it is.... STILL trying to figure out where EXACTLY my Wife's Best Friend moved to ion Florida, Mr. Ed. I KNOW we will be out your way at some point....

What Part of Texas are you in, Eric??? We are HOPING that Texas is where we will end up in the next couple years for my Wife's job.... :)

Just got back and saw this. I too had a blast! and it was great meeting you too. However, if I recall. We spent a heck of a lot of time looking for my discs too lol! I also have the score to prove it :) Man, the Fairground course was a beast! but that's they way they roll in WA and OR. Best courses and people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I'm glad you had fun with my crazy, but cool family and he (Todd) enjoyed your company as well. Don't hesitate to give him a call to play more rounds. I'm sure he would welcome a calming voice when his son breaks out his driver on a 200' hole lol!!!

Take care!

Dallas/Fort Worth. We have a really strong disc community here, but I hear the Austin area is pretty good as well so hopefully you'll end up in one of those areas.

this is rad

There are quite a few around the Daytona area/Orlando area.

We have time to play one course in Rochester tomorrow.  Any opinions?

david swamp thing black said:

I am down if anyone wants to meet up before the RFDO in Rochester this August

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968