www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We decided to have a work day at the Cottonwood course here in Colorado Springs. People had been breaking down small trees and branches and the course started to look like hell. We hadn't had a cleanup day in probably three or four years. So I decided to pick a day, post up a flyer and see what happened. I really didn't expect more than maybe six people based on previous turnouts. To my surprise we had a good turnout and people even showed up with the proper pruning tools and garbage bags. People I knew showed up as well as people I had never met. We got through all of the work that needed to be done in about three and a half hours. I could not be happier.

Here is a shout out to all of the good disc golfers her in Colorado Springs! You showed that you care and are willing to put forth the effort to make our course look great. Now we just need the Forestry department to come through and chip up all of the branches. I will call my contact them on Monday. But I am beaming from ear to ear.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, that is a great ideal. Do you mind if I steal your ideal. I hope the weather hold here in North Dakota.
The day went great but I'm not sure if I busted my finger or knuckle. I was pruning a branch and smacked my hand right into a previously pruned branch where someone had left a stub instead of pruning it correctly. I wanted to play in our Sunday league tomorrow but now I'm not sure if I will be able to do that. Damn, it's only pain. I can still play can't I? Will see how it feels tomorrow morning.
Hand felt fine today so I played our Sunday league. Format was doubles but even though I had a good player for a partner we didn't cash. Also there was already new trash on the course (a soda can by a tree) and what looked like a freshly broken branch. This is the original course here in town and it is still a great course. Now to put in the sniper tower (Wayne's World II).

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968