www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK gang now is the planning time for year two of the Spring Fling.
What do we want to try this year?
Sanctioned or non?
Local courses or expand to cover the whole of Green Country?
Last year the ice storm cheated us out of Haikey, and Mac Taylor parks. Should we expand to cover Bristow, "B" ville, Muskogee, and the Lodge?

Lets start some feed back so we can set things up or we can scrap it as a one time only event.

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

The Lodge said:
Martin Norris said:
So the crux of what some of you are saying is that you want a PRO version seperate from the one that women, children and short arm players would play in?
I am sure that something could be arranged but the point of last year's event was multifold: it was to give world points, figure champions in divisions and overall, and make money for the NT. A series that would only interest advanced and PRO players will not generate any money worth the time of doing the event and will leave out the bulk of disc golfers.
I do admire all of you top of the line players but there are a lot more disc golfers who are not in your league who still want to compete and have fun and will play for non cash awards that allow money to be made for the PDGA and the TDSA.
Sure we could run 3 one day events on three of the most demanding courses we have in this part of Oklahoma and I am sure that we could have 20 or 30 pro and advanced players make all three but the math says the 30 players on three events is $ 180.00 to the NT and we might make more than that just holding a car wash in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Keep kicking arround ideas though as we are waiting to see what dates Joe Rotan has open for us to use.

Martin, I am about ready to kick off some fundraising events myself. I would love to meet with you and others to discuss strategy for this. I have some pretty significant expenditures left to be ready for the NT. Without putting numbers up on the board, I still need to finish the clubhouse, install sewer, water, light fixtures, etc. I need to build at least one more cabin and add on to the trailer house making it a 6 bedroom unit with additional bathroom. I need to build a bathhouse with 4 showers and 4 toilets, I need to pour 72 cement tee pads and purchase 18 more baskets for the Moccassin Creek course. I am trying to do all of this without having to borrow any more money. So, as you can see, I will be hosting some fundraising activities to help fund all of this. If you are able to come up this weekend, I would like to sit down with you and get some information on what other expenses I might need to prepare for that are associated with hosting the NT.
I'd say at least 50K.
Two Putt, you are correct that the Pro players provide little return on investment in the way of capital generated, the only thing we made from them last year was the $2.00 a day fee. it is very hard to do an event of this scope and cater to all three things we were trying to do. I suspect that this year's format may be slightly different but we will always have to have all players play the same format to allow for the possibility of a lower level player's scores to be comperable to the pro.
that is to say that it would be unfair for a Pro to play Lodge blue and a novice man to play lodge red and then compair the scores for points calculation. if we are going to follow Joe's suggestion of 3 one day events then the lowere division players may be forced to "man up" and play the big boy courses However Jose' did suggest that Hunter Park not be droped from consideration because it (as of late) has received very little tournement play.
we shall continue to consider what, when, and where for the next few weeks before a proposal to the TDSA board is made (Most likely in the January meeting)

Jim, if I can make it up to the lodge this weekend we sure can see what we can work out. If I can make it I will bring my multi meter and other electrical gear and maybe we can final any wire work that needs to be done.
The Lodge Work Weekend. In years past I have been involved with fundraising events that were very successful. Success depends on the support of the people concerned. This weekend I would ask that all of you that can, try to make it to the lodge for a fundraising organizational and planning meeting. If you have never been involved in any kind of formal fundraising effort, you may find that it is much easier and fun than you think. You might be surprised what kind of things generate funds. One year we had a mule rodeo that generated nearly $3000. Benefit auctions generally raise several thousand dollars. Maybe we could have a dinner and music here at the lodge. Please try to make it up this weekend, even if you can't stay and work, just come up for a short brainstorming session for fundraising. We will have this meeting at noon when we take a lunch break. Lunch will be burgers furnished by The Lodge.
does anyone have a midnight buzz that they would be willing to sell? name the price.
Check out the new site for The Lodge at Taylor Ranch on discgolfersR.us
Rod Carp said:
does anyone have a midnight buzz that they would be willing to sell? name the price.

I do, hehehehehehe.
i said that they would be willing to sell smarty....
FYI, Jeremy Rusco and a couple of his friends are going to stop in at The Lodge on their way home saturday nite, late. They wanted to play The Lodge on Sunday. Be some good golf going on Sunday. Jeremy Rusco, Jake Newell, #29989 and Chris Smith #19983.
Rod Carp said:
i said that they would be willing to sell smarty....

I'll sell it right off my wall. I just procured several discs and that one can go. Just give me a call.
phone # please sir
why not include the short courses as superclass events?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968