www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was reading Matt Hall's Discraft player profile and came across how he talked about throwing grenades with a bonapane grip (disc gripped upside-down between the index and middle finger) over the thumb inside the disc grip. I haven't tried it, but I did hold a disc that way after reading that and it feels really good. He says you can get more distance with that type.

Okay now I'm looking for the how-to's of the grenade shot. What works for you, disc wise, grip wise, anything you can give me. I think it'd be fun to dial this one in. I think I just like the idea of adding another trick to my bag...I like being a tricky player. :-)

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just hole it upside down like backhand and release it on a spike hyzer line. Jamie Mosier showed me it years ago, and at 2005 Mid-Nationals in Wisconsin it saved me hald -a-dozen+ strokes. Be careful it will hurt your thumb, several times a day and you will likely have a serious blister.
It's a good escape shot. I use my Teebird to throw it. I use a power grip, but the pad of my thumb is more on the rim and not the plate. I also throw at a steep upward angle. Say hip to nipple. Over the past year I'd say I've only used it a couple of times with mixed results.
discgolfreview has an instructional article on that throw.
I also use it for those up and over close to the pin shots. I went out and just practiced it with all different discs putters to drivers, for different distance and situations. I actually have got a duce with using that when I had no other option. You will find that when used (right handed) with more stable discs they will actually pull to the left after they reach the top of the arc, try some different angles of release. They are a useful shot to have in the bag for those sticky situations.
Okay, now that I see how to do the grip, is this an overhand throw? What does the disc do?

What do you throw with it? Over or under stable?
Nah you throw it like you would throw a spike hyzer ( I do any way) and I would say over stable disc

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968