www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've heard tell of people using grip aids on their discs. Is this something applied to the disc? or something applied to the hand? Or are they just talking about a birdie bag or something? I find that as the weather gets colder and my hands get dryer it's tough to hold on to the disc. Lots of early releases.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try using Mark Ellis's previously thrown discs. They have a sweet grippy tarrish thing on them that gives you a better grip in rain than a normal disc would when its dry!! I'm sure he'll post and remind what it is, but let me tell you that stuff is money! Especially for forehand.
And if you snatch them from my bag it is much cheaper than buying new ones. :)

Numerous stick-ums exist on the market, from pine tar to synthetic versions. BTW, stick-um is PDGA legal. The brand I prefer is Pow'r Tac.

Some players prefer the opposite effect and want their disc dry but slippery. For this use a Birdie bag.

Some players rub their hand in the dirt. Some lick their fingers.

If I am throwing backhand I don't need any of that stuff. I don't even need a towel. But forehand I need a perfectly dry disc and hand or else I am screwed.
Youve got that right I get caught in a hard rain and I can almost forget my forehand which is 50% of my game
And if you snatch them from my bag it is much cheaper than buying new ones. :)

Speaking of which, Mark, are you playing "kik out the Yams" in Lansing in November? ;-)

Where do you get the Pow'r Tac? I went to Dicks sporting goods and they looked at me like I was speaking a different language.
Kick out the Yams? Maybe, possibly, not sure. November is a long way away. But I like Lansing and the Water Gods always seem grateful for my sacrifices.

Pow'r Tac via the internet at $5.95 a can. http://www.anacondasports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisp...
http://www.scientificdiscgolf.com/ripgrip.html

Their towel is awesome also. Things do not stick to it.
We carry an antiperspirant lotion, that removes moisture from the hands in 30 seconds and prevents perspiration for up to 4 hours.

It is used for hot and humid weather and also good in the rain.

It isn't used in colder weather.
Whats the name?
Any antiperspirant should work....clear solids...choice of fragrances.....lmao! Spring Meadow...Summer Breezes....Moldy Spice.....you got options!!!
ive never thought of using grip aids in discgolf ,ive heard of the birdie bags and they reminded me of my chalk bag that i used when rock climbing but it never gets hot enough here for my hands to sweat and throwing with a chalkbag leaves me with visions of magnesium dust clouds on every throw..hahaha. i'm a electricians and with the materials i work with changes the texture of my fingers on a daily basis and i usually just rub dirt on my hands to get a better feel .what is pow'r tac ,is it a powder or is it a spray on like stick um?
ok maybe i should scroll down ,i saw that powr-tac is spray on ...my bad

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968