www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all!

So I've been sporting this bag for a few months now and I have to give it two thumbs up if you have back issues or if you are looking for a backpack style bag. However, if I'm judging the best disc golf carrier. Voodoo wins hands down, well, as of today ;)

Soo here are some likes and dislikes for ME.

Pros-

For me, I'm amazed at how great my back feel after playing a few rounds. Granted I'm still hurting (a few buldging discs), but nothing like it would be after sporting the "bag" style carriers. So if you have back issues, this is the biggest plus to get this bag!

Very well made for sure. I'm glad Justin switched to Cordura after some buyer feedback. Gotta like that in a company! There is also thick gauge plastic on the floor of the bags main compartment as well as in the sides too. This keep the bags "top" from drooping down onto your disc like that dang Revo dualpack.

Pretty decent design. As far as back pack style bags, this is the best for me. Mind you I haven't tried the Golf Mahal by Mystery Ranch. The people who do own them have nothing but the best to say about it, but for me. It's like buying a HumVee to deall with those pesky speed bumps lol!

OK, Con time-

For me, the desgin is not perfect. Once again, the dang opening to the main compartment is a bit to small. Mind you, not as bad as the dualpack, but I hate having to contort and some what force my discs out from the side. IMO that will lead to bag damage over time.

The side compartments are a bit to small for me. I can fit most of my stuff in, but when it comes to rain gear or a hoodie, good luck. Mind you I can stuff rain gear in, but then the sides buldge into the disc compartment and then you have disc space issues.

Man if I could just be able to fit one or two more disc in, I'd be happy. It  May be a good thing though. Can't say I'm missing those two discs I had to take out, because of the reduced disc space. Heck, I still carry 18 in the main compartment, but I was sporting 22 in the Voodoo Karma bag.

Finally, the only other thing that bugs me about the bag. Is it's very hard if not impossible to get at your water bottles when this bag is on your back. Mind you I'm no Gumby, but it's an issue I've never had before. A case were function should trump design? I say this, because Justin wanted to keep weight as close to midline as possible.

So there you have it. This is a very nice disc golf carrier for sure and if you are looking for a backpack style bag. It's the best designed bag I've tried, but is it my favorite disc golf carrier? For my glass back that's a big YES!! But I still love my Voodoo bag when it comes to quality and design.

P.S. If cost is an issue. I've seen some very cool "sporting"(Cabella's and the sort) bags that people have turned into disc golf bags at a HUGE reduction in price.

Views: 2899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good point/idea,

I was talking about it from a bag stand point and I have thought of carts, but it's just not for me. I just can't discount the way I feel after a few round with this type of bag (backpack). The way he designed it to centralize the mass and how it sits higher up on my back. It has worked for me and others who have posted the same"results" for lack of a better term.

I'm also not just talking about minor aches. I have three buldging and one herniated disc. My back was bad enough to send me into early retirement and has limited my disc golf fun, but I can't deny how much my pain has been reduced by this bag after a few rounds.

My intent was not to diss other options. As I've said and as I've alway posted. This is what works for "ME".

I know.  How about DPS and other shops quit using these forums to advertise their crap.

Nothing personal.

Enjoy what you have, there is plenty to go around.

There is one on eBay right now. Last I checked it was at about $150.

As I had stated in my previous Post "I apologize".

I had stated that carts were not for everyone.

I apologize for misreading your post point.

I had meant no disrespect. I wasn't trying to sell anything.

I was just trying to give another option for people with back or physical problems.

I hope that you fair well with your topic.

I wasn't aware that grip eq actually has a product to sell.
lol! ya, it took him a bit, but it was worth the wait..

Good luck with your back.

My back hurts each and everyday. Something that I live with.

And like you, refuse to give up the game.

Currently dps is working on various designs for new bags. 

It's hard to invest in product without knowledge of 100% of all the information necessary  to create a 'great bag.'

Actually have looked at the backpack style, and see different options there also.

You do remove the attachment of straps. The best bag would be having a 'caddy' at all times, but reality shows different.

Would like the hear what you or anyone would like in a bag.

By the way dps does not sell 'crap.' Ask anyone that owns a dps product. They really like it, for various reasons.

Having been in the 'design' business for years, outside of disc golf, it pays to listen to your customers.

Excuse me.  I wasn't intending to impinge on the quality of your product.  Only your annoying ability to turn every post on this board into an advertisement for some product of yours.
Well I am going to put my 2 cents worth in here. the disc player sport guy is shameless touting his bag like its something different than everything else on the market. how is that bag any different than an Innova or a Gorilla bag. The Grip bag was at the very least is thinking out side of the box. I am  bag maker in a different industry and can tell the difference between good quality and design and the Grip bag is very well designed and put together. As far as better for your back I like it better than any other pack I have seen.

This is not the first backpack disc golf bag ever to be on the market.

And never said it was a bad bag.

Back in the 90's early 2000 there was a fellow that had a leg wrap that held discs.Advertised at that time period in the dg mags as well,forget the name of it now.Might of started with a "T".A DGRUS member has a picture of said disc carrier.Thought this product was an excellent idea,but now out of production to my knowledge.Saves back problems.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968