www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all!

So I've been sporting this bag for a few months now and I have to give it two thumbs up if you have back issues or if you are looking for a backpack style bag. However, if I'm judging the best disc golf carrier. Voodoo wins hands down, well, as of today ;)

Soo here are some likes and dislikes for ME.

Pros-

For me, I'm amazed at how great my back feel after playing a few rounds. Granted I'm still hurting (a few buldging discs), but nothing like it would be after sporting the "bag" style carriers. So if you have back issues, this is the biggest plus to get this bag!

Very well made for sure. I'm glad Justin switched to Cordura after some buyer feedback. Gotta like that in a company! There is also thick gauge plastic on the floor of the bags main compartment as well as in the sides too. This keep the bags "top" from drooping down onto your disc like that dang Revo dualpack.

Pretty decent design. As far as back pack style bags, this is the best for me. Mind you I haven't tried the Golf Mahal by Mystery Ranch. The people who do own them have nothing but the best to say about it, but for me. It's like buying a HumVee to deall with those pesky speed bumps lol!

OK, Con time-

For me, the desgin is not perfect. Once again, the dang opening to the main compartment is a bit to small. Mind you, not as bad as the dualpack, but I hate having to contort and some what force my discs out from the side. IMO that will lead to bag damage over time.

The side compartments are a bit to small for me. I can fit most of my stuff in, but when it comes to rain gear or a hoodie, good luck. Mind you I can stuff rain gear in, but then the sides buldge into the disc compartment and then you have disc space issues.

Man if I could just be able to fit one or two more disc in, I'd be happy. It  May be a good thing though. Can't say I'm missing those two discs I had to take out, because of the reduced disc space. Heck, I still carry 18 in the main compartment, but I was sporting 22 in the Voodoo Karma bag.

Finally, the only other thing that bugs me about the bag. Is it's very hard if not impossible to get at your water bottles when this bag is on your back. Mind you I'm no Gumby, but it's an issue I've never had before. A case were function should trump design? I say this, because Justin wanted to keep weight as close to midline as possible.

So there you have it. This is a very nice disc golf carrier for sure and if you are looking for a backpack style bag. It's the best designed bag I've tried, but is it my favorite disc golf carrier? For my glass back that's a big YES!! But I still love my Voodoo bag when it comes to quality and design.

P.S. If cost is an issue. I've seen some very cool "sporting"(Cabella's and the sort) bags that people have turned into disc golf bags at a HUGE reduction in price.

Views: 2876

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Found the best way to save your back, is to have a caddy carry your bag.

its prolly not, but is that grip eq backpack for sale

Haven't seen anyone mention these, but I recently purchased a Hyzerbomb flak bag, after using a fade tourney bag for well over a year. They only produce them in limited runs, and this bag came from their second batch. The third run and onward is getting some upgrades as well based on customer feedback, so they also keep trying to improve their product as well. The thing that drew me in mostly was the customization options, and also I feel that Grip is sort of an industry standard, and I like supporting the underdogs in general. I also have a pro status friend who uses grip bags, and she put it on and said it felt very similar.

I have used it for less than a dozen rounds so far, but I love this thing already. It feels way better on my back than the fade bag, because it sits higher and everything is more centered so there's less swaying. Originally I bought this bag to carry more discs, but since then I have become sort of a minimalist. I see people carrying almost 2 dozen discs, and it reminds me of those metal drummers from the 80s who had 12 piece drum sets and only used the snare and bass drum. Not a problem though, because I can fit a lot of other things in the compartment besides discs. A couple weeks ago I stored a full set of rain gear in there, and in the winter I can see myself putting away excess layers in there should I heat up during the round. I haven't tried this yet, but a small enough soft material cooler could easily fit in there with drinks/food. Even with the main pocket full, I can still stuff maybe 8 discs in the top pocket, and 2 - 4 in the putter pockets. That doesn't even include the other 3 zip up pockets on the front and side! It also has 2 mini pockets so virtually everything you need quick access to is there at your fingertips.

I haven't really used it a lot yet so there aren't a lot of cons that I can think of. The straps on the bottom for holding a stool could be a bit longer, sometimes I have to really condense my stool to get it to work. So far the stitching is holding up great, well see what happens to it through the winter. Overall I'd say it was worth the purchase and its something to checkout if you're in the market for a new bag.

How much is the Hyzerbomb flak bag ?

Love the Grip bag....and this looks so similar. If it is cheaper and still good quality we will prob c more people carrying these. :)

Flak order page

They used to start at 160, but now with the recent updates they go for 180. I think it's the exact same as a standard grip bag. So really it comes down to what style you like better.

I dunno how you could compare any bag on quad shocks to the grip, in regards to back problems.

It's not even close.

Just about every bag out there has pros and cons. But the grip is definitely better on your back

Im pretty sure Grip bags have a LIFETIME WARRANTY.  So essentially if it rips or tears any you can just send it in and get another for free.  

i have been thinking about this some lately . i don't have a bad back just an old one , and it gets pretty stiff the next day . but a couple of things i noticed about the grip eq bag is they are always sold out , and the price . 200 is some serious kalas ( hawaiian for dollars ) and being in hawaii there is no way to check them out before you purchase it . if it helps your back i guess it would be worth the price tag , has anyone had the chance to check out the crossover sling pack or sling bag ? they seem to shift the weight up to a more comfortable position on your back , for about half the price .

mahalo Rescue for the reveiw and enjoyed reading the posts , i would rather be thinking about my game instead of my back .

200 helps cover that LIFETIME WARRANTY.  If it ever rips or anything send it back get a new one.

Best investment ever. I love my grip bag, didn't even think twice about buying. I've had for about a month and its been the best bag I've even owned. It's such a quality product even people that don't play DG notice the quality of the bag. Walking up to me and ask if the bag was specifically made for DG and when I tell them yes they ask me where I got it at! Only con really is that different colors are up in the 300 when it come to getting a red or blue bag. Besides that I won't be buying another bag for quite some time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968