www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Been having trouble lately gripplocking my backhand shots, any tips on how to fix it?

Views: 576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It could be in your footwork.  At least, it's often in mine.  If I step too quickly---if my plant foot hits too far ahead of my arm---I can griplock.  Slowing down my footwork helps.

Or it could be something completely different.

Also on this end of things, if your footwork is off and you plant to far to the side of your target you might feel like you are grip locking when you are simply off target slightly.

sometimes the hand is just too grippy  .....  your fingers get caught up up on each other on the release ...  try dusting your hand with dry dirt to help speed up the let go .... i find it helps smooth it out & prevents grip lock

most people can get rid of it by playing sober until there timing improves

Grip locking can happen for any number of reasons. Usually it happens if you try to "kill it" and don't throw smooth. Slow everything down and throw smooth.

I think everyone is missing the obvious....You got to let go!! HA!

True, letting go is key!

You are probably just trying to crush it, I'm not sure about footwork effecting grip-locking or not. Also try different grips, some peeps use three fingers, some use four fingers. Just experiment, if you are grip-locking, you cant get much worse by trying other things.

Take your pinky out of the equation and try three fingers for a while. You can also try Climo's stacked/modified fan grip. If you cling too tightly, you're gonna lose control. So hold on loosely (but firmly).

I have heard that holding your arm out a bit farther from your chest can help. Don't know if that is true.

oh crap! thats whats wrong! lol

this could be true as keeping your arm out some will make you throw on a wider plain

amen to the pinky thought, and to KC grip advice

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968