www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Been having trouble lately gripplocking my backhand shots, any tips on how to fix it?

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The easiest way to prevent griplock with your backhand ........ learn to throw forehand!

Also , try a Birdie Bag.

what does this mean?

Griplock, or what people think of as griplock (A big shank to the right RHBH) is usually not. Lets talk about the big shank right.

If you don't allow your elbow to pull far enough down the target line and then compound that with releasing your left side in behind the throw to left of the target line to quickly you will fly open and spray they disc to the right. Because it happens so quickly, and because the disc is probably smoking fast, flying further than anything you ever threw, we call it griplock. It has actually been shanked.

Pull that right elbow further down the target line and let your left side come threw clean and naturally and you should rarely shank a disc.

Griplock is a MINOR varience in grip pressure (Usually on finnesse shots) that causes a disc to pull off line a little or even cause a release angle malfunction. This does not result in spraying the disc 100 feet right of your line.

Agreed. Always make sure you are pulling through with the disc coming in towards the lead pec, then rip through on an axis, not a pivot. That was the biggest factor in consistent distance for me, learning that backhand arm velocity and snap can be easily achieved by not pivoting.

Different wording of the same concept you're talking about, I think, or a different way to frame it mentally.

Ahhh, the advice of the great .38 special rears its head again!

Let the Disc go in front of you !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968