www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just curious if anyone has rough numbers on this disc. It has the hammerhead shark on it, but it is labeled as a Hammer. It was probably bought in the early 90's. When I was a kid my dad took me out to play and we bout two of these. Now I play all the time and have lots of discs, but I can't find any real good info on this disc. Any help would be great. Thanks!!

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5899/photo1wht.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3297/photo3cam.jpg

Tags: Hammer, Hammerhead, Old, School

Views: 49

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Hammer was a decent stable mid....I had one for a while during my second year of playing with "Golf Discs"

I used my short range Hyzer shots and ironically it skiped well. It was great for headwind shots. I ended up breaking it with a solid smack against a tree...and never got another. I believe it was slightly smaller in diameter than the Roc...max weight being 175?

Greg Hosfeld carries and uses one that is so old it was one of the original molds...mine was a newer version quite a bit different.....anyway, I know if he lost it or breaks it...it would takes months of rehabilitative possibly pharmaceutical therapy.
INNOVA flight numbers for the 180 Hammer are 4, 3, -1, 2.
I think that mold of the hammer was like a Roc with a more shallow rim and in stiffer plastic. I think they re-tooled the hammer during the early 90s or late 80s.

The Hammer mold before that one is the smaller classic roc sized disc with a hammer on the stamp. I've got a nice old pink hammer on the wall that I used back in the day for tight shots.
Thanks for the replies. I have been throwing it some today (at work, in a warehouse, lol) and it definitely feels like it matches those numbers of 4,3,-1,2. However, when I weighed it on a postage scale it came to 5.5oz, or 155g. But when you throw it and catch it, it feels HEAVY!! So maybe our scale is broked. Well, anyway, thanks for the info and hopefully it fills a nice hole in my game.
The Original Hammer was a XD type of disc with a bead. I have 2 of them still.
Well..................ok then
one of the second or third 'real' discs I had back in the day.

uh oh.. uh oh.. uh oh!!
Like a lot of discs the Hammer was run with a red plastic that came out very nice. Then the next time it was made like the one you pictured and was not stable like the red ones. If they could have duplicated the red ones we would still be throwing them today.

Vinnie Miller used to beg me to sell this disc to him.
http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/advanced_search_result.php?k...

Back in the day, A Hammer and a Stingray would dominate the course!

Sweet Glow Hammer !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968