www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Well by the time you read this it might already be over. But tomorrow (12/23) will be an incredible 4 seconds longer. After five days we will have gained back almost an entire minute.

I suggest of course running naked through the snow to celebrate. 

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's no snow here this year...so now what do I do?

The weird thing here in Colorado Springs is that we have been getting a bit of extra daylight at the end of the day for almost the past two weeks but we are still losing time in the morning. The sun won't start coming up earlier in the morning until the second week of January. We got dumped on with snow yesterday yet today in the middle of the afternoon I can walk outside in a T-shirt and not immediately feel cold because the sun is so strong. Sunday it is supposed to be in the mid 40s.

And right now we are less than three months away from the start of Spring/Summer league. 

alright I did that  now I need bail money , thanks alot

That's pretty funny.

the planet must tilt at a different pace in your part of the country than everywhere else that it's attached too

this is probably the most important day of the year. days are getting longer now !

Check it out!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=398&mont...

I'm not sure if the mountains have anything to do with it or not. 

merry effin xmas

..streaking for Solstice"  Merry Christmas All. Warm,sunny SWFL..no snow.

I went out this morning to play some Christmas disc. It took us forever to play a round since we had to keep searching for discs in the snow. I took along four extra discs that had been in the trunk. I didn't lose a disc until the very end when we started to get tired after some three hours of throwing. It was a great disc golf day but a bit of an adventure.

Merry Christmas all! 

Put some blue chalk in a travel baby powder container (the kind a plumber has to snap chalk lines).  It can be used to check the wind direction, or put some on a corner of your disc and it will leave a blue streak in the snow.  Just sayin'......one cold weather golfer to another.  ps you can use any color 'cept white of chalk you want.

True here, probably true everywhere.  I used to know why, but no longer.  Anyway, every year about December 15 when the sunset is a (rounded) minute later than the day before, I celebrate it as a step in the right direction.  (Sunrises continue getting later each day until about December 30, but who cares?)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968