www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My best friend in this world passed away early Sunday morning. Harry Scott Shimp fought his battle with lung cancer, and fought it well. I love him.

I know many of you knew Harry and I hope you'll find it in your hearts to support my efforts to name an annual Super Class tournament in his honor.
I hope to find and speak with Randy Brown, Ron Convers, Jr., Jeremy from Dynamic Discs and any other of his disc golf friends to help in my effort.
I would love for this annual Super Class tournament - hippie attitudes, old school discs, and all else, etc. to be named the "Harry Scott Shimp Memorial Super Class Disc Golf Tournament"  Baby! (anyone who knew Harry can relate and probably hear his voice saying "Groovy baby" of any one of a number of sayings ending in the all important "baby" from him.) I post my cell number here in hopes that the people who may be able to help me in this quest can contact me to lend their expertise and assistance. 316-250-6684 (Mike Owens).

Mahalo nui loa everyone for your love for hss - one19 - Harry Scott Shimp. Jan. 19, 1959 - Nov. 6, 2011.         R.I.P. my friend.

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry for your loss and the loss to your DG community. Great idea to dedicate a Super Class event in his name.
Condolences and thoughts to Family and Friends...
likewise,condolences to the family and yourself.Another frisbee{disc} added to the roof for those departed.

Harry was awesome guy. I'm glad I had the chance to meet Harry and hang out with him a few times. i remember him  putting with his Zephyr at a ring of fire. He did it with style. Get in touch with Randy on the kdga forum. I am very sorry for the loss of your good friend.

Do you have contact with Ron? I can help if you need it.

Thank you to everyone for your support. I've been given many numbers and will start calling.. probably all of them, here in the next couple of days. Harry's mom also gave me his cell phone so I could find some of you all in it also I'm sure. Much mahalo again.
One man, 5 names:   one19   hss   Harry   Scott   Shimp !

David, I did exchange a message on facebook with Ron Convers Jr. and I've done the same with Randy Brown on the KDGA site. It looks like we should have no problem having the Kansas Super Class Championship tournament named in Harry's memory from now on. Details will be worked out but so far everyone is on board.

I cannot thank you enough. Many of Harry's Kansas area disc friends sent signed minis as kind of "get well soon cards". We have an idea that I can assure you would bring a smile to Harry's soul. It will be a surprise. After all is said and done I'll relate here what the surprise was. I plan on sort of mirroring information on this site as well as the KDGA site. I'll be sharing more soon.

Something cool with the mini discs.. I promise.. coming soon.. Harry knew I was sort of a procrastinator, but I will get the project underway - hopefully in time for Christmas! - FlyingO - Mike Owens

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968