www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just curious because I have lost a couple and never heard a word from people.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've had several returned, but I've lost 3 times the amount I've gotten back.
This is another topic that boils my blood. People who know me know how strongly I feel about it. Here is Marty's categorization of scum:

Level 1: The “Finders keepers, looser weepers”... Somebody who finds a disc with a phone number on it, but nobody on the course to claim it, but doesn’t bother to call.

If you find a disc with a phone number on it or a PDGA number on it, try to contact the owner! The owner WILL ALWAYS REWARD YOU FOR IT or let you keep it, and you wind up ahead in either case without the wrath of bad karma.

Level 2: The “Snatcher” ... Somebody who finds a disc, and immediately bags it.

At least LOOK AROUND, WAIT 10 MINUTES FOR ANYONE TO COME FOR IT. THE REST OF THE ROUND, APPROACH EVERYONE SEEN, ASK IF THEY LOST A DISC. (Don’t show them the disc, if they say yes, I lost one 10 minutes ago, ask them to ID it) AND IF YOU HAVE IT, RETURN IT!!! They may not reward you for it here, because a minimum level of decency is expected, but don’t forget… KARMA!!!

Level 3: The “Liar”... Somebody who finds a disc, bags it, and then denies finding it when asked, "Hey did you find a bright purple Epic?" Nope, didn’t see it...

SCUM!! At this point we are dealing with sociopaths… people who cannot understand the concept of karma. But just to let all of you idiots know, OTHER PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME FEELINGS AS YOU, MORON!!! Stay away from my cats…

Level 4: The “Predator”… Someone who lurks in the brush waiting for a disc to land, and then snatches it.

Lower than whale shit!!

Level 5: The “Shoplifter”… NO explanation needed.

Both level 4 and 5 are committing premeditated theft, and although I got into a heated argument the other day on this BB about taking the law into your own hands, GRRR. But the right thing to do here is CALL THE POLICE. YEP, THEY ARE CRIMINALS!!! This also applies to people stealing baskets, destroying equipment, or harming wildlife.

Also, if you see this activity, like the bible says, “bear witness”, in other words, speak up and stop the stupidity!!!!
lost a lot!! got a few back, always the ones i don't care about. but thats how it goes, if i see a number i'll call and poss even deliver it but thats just me. some people just don't know what its like to lose something you have spent years becoming attached to via great rounds with good friends. its not the discs that bother me, no disc is magic, its the memories and great shots attached to it. there are a billion rocs out there but only a couple are my babies and mean as much to me as thier kids or parents or whoever. but i haven't given up hope cause i have some seen crazy stuff happen with discs finding there way back to the rightful owner after YEARS of separation, i still write and re write my name and number on discs. ps don't forget to update your number on old discs if you ever want a chance of getting them back.
I've gotten a bunch of my lost discs back. And I've returned a bunch of discs, as well. Our local bike shop has a lost and found box, so we all just check it from time to time, whether we've been called about it or not. Like Justin said, it's just the right thing to do.
I've lost 4 and had 2 returned.. I gave them $ for each disc... ya know good karma! I've returned the 5 I've found that had names on them... if you don't have a name and # on it thats your ass not mine! Also if its a D Eagle or Valk or something like that that has NO name or #.. I'll turn it into one of our Clubs TD for lost and found or if I see a newbie I'll give it to them..
In the twenty years I've played,I lost maybe seventy and saw about fourty come back.
Seventy???? I figured 3 to 4 a year over the last 16....but hey....we don't have a hole 16 like you clearwater dudes do!!! lol
I've lost about 9 disc in 5 years, 2 were found by friends of mine and I got them back, Two left laying by baskets during/after rounds and never seen again(realized both within 20 minutes but they were gone when I returned), 2 lost in brush prior to rounds and dumped one in a creek, One I found downstream from same creek but two years after loosing it the other one is a long story that involves BG(KY) Ams & hole #15 at Chalybeate three years ago (Disc was in San Diego this spring).

Only ones returned were found by friends of mine. Overall that casual player does not return many/any disc they find but most regular/league players in an area are pretty good. I probably call 20 people a year regarding discs I pick up at our local courses. Many people are shocked that someone is willing to give their disc back if you meet them at the park. A third of the people don't show up to get the disc back and I've developed a 2 call/meeting limit - after that I quit.

Best disc I ever found was an '02 CE Roc - Owner had lost it in brush a month before and was very happy to get it back.

Disc do find there way home but not as many as should.
I guess if you think about....because of the long period...that's not that bad. What am I thinking....lol
I completely believe it's all about karma on this one. If you find a disc with a name and number on it and don't call them back, that's a bad mark on your 'disc golf book'. About a month ago, this guy forgot his pink buzz with a note saying that this disc was too nice for him to expect anybody to return. Well I was glad to prove him wrong, that there are decent people out there that will return your disc. Ever since I returned his disc, I had one of my discs returned along with another free one!
Have you ever met the guy that probably found and played with discs from the creek at your course? I did 20 something years later. He must not have known what he was telling me when I asked him where he started playing. Said he was too poor to afford discs and too shy to play with the pro's whose discs he learned with. I lost patent pending aeros and many others we would search forever for. Now he is an older pro not too far away. I think his karma is still with him.
i've gotten 3 or 4 of the 10 or 15 discs i've lost back.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968