www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just curious because I have lost a couple and never heard a word from people.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, disc golf is still a young sport and there many people who are ignorant everywhere. Even still, I've been very fortunate to have about 40% of my lost discs returned. Even one 2-months forgotten in a fast moving river. I used to put my phone # on my discs, but now just have my first name and home course on them. THE KEY IS TO HAVE A COOL HOME COURSE. I'VE PROBABLY HAD CLOSE TO 20 DISCS RETURNED. AND FACILITATED IN THE RETURNING OF 30 OR 40. RIVERSIDE
Agreed. I always immediately call the number on the back of the disc when I find it in case the person is still at the course. I only put my name on as well so if someone I know (quite a few people know me) finds it there is a good chance I will get it back.
Someone snagged my Champ. Wraith on hole #2 in Huntington Beach, CA DGC. My favorite disc at the time and it was no place to be found. So about a year or so later I got a call from a good samaritan who had found the disc at a different course. Turns out whoever stole it, lost it. Thank you Karma. Felt so good about it I let the guy keep it. Felt like the right thing to do.
I've lost a total of 6 discs, although I knew where one was. It went swimming. I've gotten 2 call backs and both discs are still in the bag. The disc diver wanted a 5 buck finder's fee for the Shark but since it's one of my oldest discs and has an ace on it, I ponied up.
Lost several, gotten several back. I'm on board with the Karma idea, too.

I've read most of the posts here and only a few have mentioned finding discs with no names. I don't want to be the first to say this, but I think this is fair game. Granted, it all depends on where I am (at my home course, I would try to find the owner). but a good example is when I was at Hyzer Creek in NY I found an unmarked pro wraith deep within the river beneath some ice; clearly it had been there all winter. I only go there once or twice a year and no one was there that day. I kept it, still have it, and it's my go-to anhyz disc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968