www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Okay a few months back i picked up a few new discs and decided to head to one of the courses near my house. now it was really too windy to play, but I didn't really care. i need to blow off some steam and i wanted to see how my new toys flew. Now I paid way to much for these discs, but that's not really the point ... i get to the first tee, grab one of the discs, Champion Beast, and throw it. Here's where it gets ugly. the wind grabs it, lefts it up over the trees that are lining the hole, and drops it right in the middle of a pond that happens to be on the other side of the trees. I get there just in time to watch it sink, in the middle of the pond. Now on top of it all it starts to thunder and lightning, otherwise i may have gone in after it. So my question is anybody else ever lose a brand new disc on the first throw?

Tags: disc, lost, new

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nope never lost a disc on the first throw .... thats gotta just.... SUCK BIG TIME!
Dang man... Not me. I would've went in after it anyways... whats the chances??
just did it the other week w/ a brand new ch valk that didn't get the flip I wanted (gWoods hole6)
but really, losin a seasoned disc that's become a go-to hurts waaay more-done that too...
I was playing a tournament in the Winter at Coldbrook (Kalamazoo, Michigan). In my group was Gary Laura, at the time the top Pro in the state. Gary had pulled an unthrown Aviar out of collection. It was one of the older runs with the triple ring on the bottom and had a cool custom hotstamp on it. On the first throw he smacked a tree and it cracked. Are grown men supposed to cry?
Tell me about it, I lost a Discraft Tracer on Tuesday, along with my cellphone(but that's another story), That I had had for close to 15 years....needless to say I feel that i have paid my dues to the DISC GOLF GODS this year. Disc flew great...i guess a little to great

jharrski said:
just did it the other week w/ a brand new ch valk that didn't get the flip I wanted (gWoods hole6)
but really, losin a seasoned disc that's become a go-to hurts waaay more-done that too...
I feel your pain!! I had been playing for 3 months with just a Innova DX Shark, I then bought a DX Driver and Putter and my 1st. expensive Champion Disc, a beautiful multi-colored Valk, on hole 5 at Widefield DG course, there's a creek along the tee, it goes into a very large drainage pipe that creates a "tunnel" the creek flows thru and out the other side is the "lagoon" the deepest part of the creek.

I got on the tee, pulled out the Champ Valk and let it fly, it went straight as a arrow, then turn the most visous hard left turn, bounced 5 ft. high off the edge of the tunnel, you could hear the impact all over the park, then into the rushing water to be LOST forever, I searched for 2 hrs. both the bottom of the tunner with a "very long branch" and the lagoon area. It was a Looooooooooooooooong time before I bought my next Champion Disc.

To this day I ONLY throw DX at any hole near WATER!!

Take care, have FUN, Throw Plastic!

B.J. (bogeyman) Ondo :)
Colorado Springs, CO.
I lost a new Teebird driver the very first Round I played with it. It went a little straighter than expected and dropped into
the lake.
These stories scare me a lot. Ive only lost one disc, and it was my beatup x Crush roller disc, and I just know its hiding in a grass tree at the local course. Hopefully the disc gods will dislodge it, one of our club willl find it and give it back to me. If not, well, its not as heart-breaking as some of these stories.

But i agree, the beat-in favorite disc would be way more painful. I got a blue Z-Surge that is beautiful, if i lost that i would be inconsolable.
The way my luck was going that day I felt I better get while the getting was good. My luck there would have been a shark in the pond, and i'd have made headlines as the first landlocked person to be attacked by a shark :-)

Mike Inscho said:
Dang man... Not me. I would've went in after it anyways... whats the chances??
Well our first hole is a water hole....Many have stepped up to that hole and thrown some brand new plastic into it...one way or another.
Never lost a new one on the first throw.. Did get just the opposite - I aced a hole the very first time I threw a Flash... But I do feel your loss...Its the old ones that have been with you for a long time that are harder to watch sink, in my opinion
You do know that every once in a great while you have to pay homage to the DG GODS and sacrifice a piece a plastic. Hopefully you paid up for awhile.

;-)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968