www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Okay a few months back i picked up a few new discs and decided to head to one of the courses near my house. now it was really too windy to play, but I didn't really care. i need to blow off some steam and i wanted to see how my new toys flew. Now I paid way to much for these discs, but that's not really the point ... i get to the first tee, grab one of the discs, Champion Beast, and throw it. Here's where it gets ugly. the wind grabs it, lefts it up over the trees that are lining the hole, and drops it right in the middle of a pond that happens to be on the other side of the trees. I get there just in time to watch it sink, in the middle of the pond. Now on top of it all it starts to thunder and lightning, otherwise i may have gone in after it. So my question is anybody else ever lose a brand new disc on the first throw?

Tags: disc, lost, new

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gator County Classic a bunch of years back. Bought a 2nd run clear CE Valk before the tournament started. Threw some practice throws on hole 1 on my way to my starting hole. Forgot to pick it up. GONE SO GONE!!!!!!! Didnt even have time to write my name on it.

Stupid is as stupid does.
I just bought one of hte new Boss discs. Getting ready for a tournament, one of my warm up throws , nothing major, just a little flick to see how it flew. Well evidently they dont take much because it flew straight into the lake. This was last month so it's cold out, and the water is cold, but my heroic 15 year old son went in and got it for me, so it wasnt rreally lost for long. But that sucked.
my buddy a few years back lost his brand new z reaper the first round he used it, he lost it in a swampy ditch in an open field area, it should have been able to have been found, the ditch isnt but about four feet across, we looked for about 1/2 hr but couldnt find it, lol he was pissed ! i found it to be kinda amusing, as my buddy is a self procvclaimed cheapscate who preferes to find his discs rather than actually by one, and this was like the first disc he had actually purchased at that time in quite a while, i razzzed him that it was all that bad carma from all those found discs in his bag coming back to haunt him, oh yeh and a few months later after listening to him wine every time we played about how he wished he had enother z reaper, i broke down and gave him one from my collection, wouldnt you know it like the 2nd round he played with it, the ding dong threw it on a hole with a pond instead of throwing a sacraficial, yep you guessed it, it landed in the middle of the pond never to be seen by him again.....priceless !
Just last week. Windy and throw with a little too much power. I don't normaly use a power grip but did this time around and around the disc went right into the middle off nasty too murky to see through water.
So by "found discs in his bag" you mean he dosn't call the numbers if they are on a disc or try to find the owner? If that is the case he deserves to lose every disc he ever buys, and hopefully the others with the numbers on them so someone else may try calling the rightful owner. I wouldn't even play with him, he sounds like bad luck waiting to happen.

DC ( DISCFUNCTIONAL CHRIS ) said:
my buddy a few years back lost his brand new z reaper the first round he used it, he lost it in a swampy ditch in an open field area, it should have been able to have been found, the ditch isnt but about four feet across, we looked for about 1/2 hr but couldnt find it, lol he was pissed ! i found it to be kinda amusing, as my buddy is a self procvclaimed cheapscate who preferes to find his discs rather than actually by one, and this was like the first disc he had actually purchased at that time in quite a while, i razzzed him that it was all that bad carma from all those found discs in his bag coming back to haunt him, oh yeh and a few months later after listening to him wine every time we played about how he wished he had enother z reaper, i broke down and gave him one from my collection, wouldnt you know it like the 2nd round he played with it, the ding dong threw it on a hole with a pond instead of throwing a sacraficial, yep you guessed it, it landed in the middle of the pond never to be seen by him again.....priceless !

I lost a brand new Champion Wraith on the 3rd throw. The first two throws were awesome!! It was hole #9 at Fletcher. There is a big pond to the left of the tee box. I threw side arm so it would end up right (away from the pond). I huck it up there nice & flat & it flips over hard & goes right into the middle of the (deepest part of the) pond. Man I was pissed. Cool thing is, dude calls me up 3 months later saying he found my disc in the pond (with about 50 others). He called all those with numbers & kept the rest.
Hell yes... I did it twice in a row. I was throwing a friends destroyer and decided that I wanted on of my own. So I went out and bought a Star Destroyer, the first throw was over a medium length water hole in which I have plenty of distance to clear. However the spanish moss hanging from the tree thought otherwise. It dropped right in the middle and was never seen again. The same thing happened to the Pro Destroyer I got to replace the one I just lost (I traded 2 discs I didn't use for it). Guess what... the same hole, the same tree, the same water... gone! I went home after that one... I did get that disc back 2 months later when the water dried out and I still have that in my bag.
Yes , a brand new Pro Starfire !!!!
Donny Olow said:
Yes , a brand new Pro Starfire !!!!
Cool looking Lake though !!!!!!
I have never lost a disc on the first throw but i have how ever Tacoed a disc on the first throw. It never recovered and i passed it on to my dad who doesn't play too much and likes the disc.
Hah.. I did this over the summer. I bid on a batch of discs on Ebay (I really only wanted a couple of them, but oh well.) I had a tie-dye Gateway disc (can't remember the disc it was... it was a driver though) I was playing in the course in Cadillac, and on about the third hole I decided to try out the new disc from the tee. I had a terrible release and it went right into a batch of thick trees. I looked for awhile but the color it was made it difficult to find. I stopped looking for it, since I was really that all attached to it. I came back after my round, but still couldn't find it. Oh well... someone out there is playing with a disc with my name on it.

Another time, I owed my friend a favor for storing my el camino in his barn all winter. So early that spring we went out to Mt. Pleasant and on the way we stopped at Sully's (West Town Grocery in Midland) and I bought him a Champion Monster as a thank you for storing my car. He threw it a few holes, and then I want to say it is hole 5 he threw it to the left into the woods... never to be seen again. Needless to say the next year I just paid him in cash as a than you for storing my car.
I just bought an Elite x Surge on Saturday. I threw it a couple times with very little success. Yesterday, I was practicing my drives in a park. My second drive with the Surge I pulled it and the wind caught it and it landed in someones backyard. So after debating whether to jump the fence, leave it or knock on the door, I did the latter. I was lucky they were home. I didn't want to leave it behind.
A few weeks ago, I lost a disc 30ft up in a tree. After a good try from my friend, I left it there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968