www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

For those of you that tend to stick with one brand, have you ever decided to try out another brand, and then switch to it? And how did it work out for you in the end?

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes i used to throw a mixed bag when i was younger. Then about 4 years ago i got hooked up with an entire set of Gateway and threw them all spring & summer. I eventually switched full time to Discraft, because i feel that they offer the best quality & performance for my dollar.
Definitely. I haven't switched completely but I integrated a lot of Quest AT plastic into my Innova bag. I still love the TeeBird,Banshee and Sidewinder but the Inferno, Classic Inferno and Raging Inferno are great additions. Just waiting to get the Star Katana now.
I was throwing discraft exclusively but have recenty added an ion from MVP and a core from lat 64. I also grabbed a gl striker and vision simply cause they're so purtty.
Not saying I'd go all lat, but I've pondered it
I think every brand I've tried has good discs. It's all about what feels good to throw. I got a mixed bag (Innova, Disccraft, Gateway)
Exactly the way I feel.
Ill just on this boat. I mostly have had innova but im not going to not throw a disc because of the brand if i like it. I don't Dont even know who makes my putter. i was throwing a aviar and couldnt find it one day and snagged my roommates for the day and i fell in love with it.
i have gateway innova mvp-ion discraft and lat 64 and a quest that somes in and out of my bag from time to time
I throw all innova and to this day i still do. I was given a chance to have an all discraft bag, it did not work out. They make good discs but i knew my other bag so well it was very hard to make the switch. If you like what you throw now dont stop if you are looking for something different give it a try. My innova bag makes me too much money to get rid of for some free discs.
lol. not unless they offered a sponsorship package, untill then I use what works.
I've never switched companies per say... I started with some Innova and Discraft and kept going with the Discraft... though Teebirds, Leopards and Vipers are still a MUST have in my bag. I guess people consider me a Dicraft guy but that's cool... I love their Z Plastic and look for new stuff from them whenever I can. I just won 4 Innova discs in a tourny and I really like them (Wraith, Leopard, Mako and Roc)... but my bag is pretty full so I doubt they stay in.

I like trying new discs... anything that is new I try to get my hands on. Lat. 64, DGA, Gateway, etc.... there's enough different discs out there to keep something new in your hands for a long time....
I started with Innova cause it was everywhere. And picked up a Buzzz....needless to say that's all it took. Since owning my first buzzz I haven't bought another innova disc. I just liked that discraft ratings were easier for me to read. If it is a turnover disc well is has a -1 rating...which I found to be more useful as I was trying to find anyhyzer disc and rollers. I own 60 Discraft disc and have 2 full bags with a bunch of putters. It's all about impressions for me....and well discraft made a better impression on me. All Disc companies are awesome and I support all of them. They help grow the sport and I am all for that.
I was all Discraft and then picked up a TeeBird. That's when I went the opposite way.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968