www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

May have found a consistent way. I keep my feet planted and it goes in. When you do that, you rely more on spin to get it there. I call it the rock stance because nothing moves except your arm. Any other advice? Is it legal to jump straight up on a close putt? I noticed when reach out to the max, sometimes my plant foot jumps up a half of an inch.

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I local pro I played with many moons ago taught me to putt with a slight hyzer angle on the putter. You still putt dead straight (No hyzer putting). It sure doesn't seem to be effected by the headwind as much and it works well for me. Besides, it's the head and not the putter that tends to have problems with the wind :)

Yes its legal to jump straight up, as long as you don't cross your lie. 

As far as my head wind putting goes I like to drop to a knee and aim at the cage, the wind lifts it into the chains. Works well for me anyway.

Wouldn't it ONLY be Legal to Jump, Even STRAIGHT up, If your Outside the Circle???? Inside the circle one foot has to stay planted and you have to "Demonstrate Balance", I thought....

Keep the nose down. Aim lower in the basket.

You would be correct there Jeff Nichols. You can not jump up inside the circle.

I see pros doing it sometimes on videos and they have never been called out for it.

To parse this a little further---plant foot has to be touching the ground when you release.  You can jump afterwards.  You can jump straight up before you demonstrate balance; you just can't move forward until after you've demonstrated balance.

Muddied?  You could bend your knees and push into a straight-up jump, as long as you released before your plant foot left the ground.  Don't know why you'd want to, but it would be legal.  When you land you can demonstrate balance; even if you fall backwards you can get up, dust yourself off, demonstrate balance, then move forward.

That is a beautiful explenation. Thank You

http://www.pdga.com/videos/demonstrating-balance-when-putting

This should answer all questions on the subject 

Wow. Thanks for the Link Eric. That video, and the QA37 amendment thingy, really make it easier to understand what constitutes "Demonstrating Balance" now.... 

And Yes, I too have seen many Pro's Foot Fault and not get called on it...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968