www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have a question about the weights of discs.  Is it better to throw a heavier or lighter disc for distance.  Right now im throwing about 350 with a destoryer but its a 172.  I have friends that have said try a lighter disc and you can get more distance.  So now i ask the gang is it better for lighter or heavier discs or what do you prefer.

Views: 1629

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To clarify, I use a 150 boss and a 150 wraith downwind a 170 katana in crosswind and a 173 boss in a headwind.
So this "150 class" is DX and R-Pro's??
i tried a 162 pro destroyer today with the wind coming at me. And shanked it hard to the right. But i will try it again a in an open field with little or no head wind so i can figure out what works for me. but i am glad that i have seen this many comments to my question about what is better????
Pretty much. I was playing fri night doubles with Brittany as my partner and hole 19 was long (410' and uphill) and I've never in 20 years been able to reach it without a PERFECT roller. So I ask Brittany if I can borrow her 149 DX Wraith. A little hyzer and WAP! Three feet from the pin! I was 47 at the time. Next time I was at DTW I picked up 3 of 'em.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968