www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ok so me and my dad love to play togther but we live where the course has a lot of water so discs being lost is the norm when you chose not to play it safe.  Lately my dad hs been loosing a lot of discs because his throwing is inconsistant and when i give him a tip he gets frustrated because it does not work the first time around, but it would help keep him dry.  He is really conpetative so he like to score better every round, but it has gotten to the point that he goes for it every hole and loses discs because he cant control the disc and its's just not the right time to do it.  so what can I tell him to make him believe that he can score just as good just laying up every once in a while.    . 

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would suggest buying him a R-pro boss it floats lol, but realy until he learns to throw floating disc work great. I know lightning disc makes alot of floaters too. The other good thing about the R-pro boss is that it dosn't take much arm for it to go far.
i totally forgot about lightning great beginner discs
get a new father
tip of the week
play on a course that has no water or play around it until your ready to throw over the water.
At 54 and a recovering shoulder surgery person I've had to change alot of my technique...going about 90% sidearm...which is a very hard thing to do....disc selection becomes paramount....better technique and the proper disc to avoid water is the key...overcoming not overthrowing a disc is hard....using his wrist as a springboard and easing up on overpowering the disc should keep him dry....also, floaters like a dragon might be good....good luck...fred

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968