www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We have a temporary course with some really cool water holes. I am planning to go out in the next couple of weeks and try to get some of the discs back. I now a lot of people would like to have them back. The water is mainly about 2ft deep and I have a pair of chest high waders. I was planning to go out with a regular rake and try to get some back. the bottom is apparently covered in about 6 in of duck poo. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions or ideas on how to get them out that would be better. Thanks!

Views: 3776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GET IN?!

No really that is a completely different ball of wax there. But I would like to see any ideas to remedy that problem. Maybe something like a cast net of some kind may work.
We have a pond here in Tulsa at Blackhawk that is a disc eater. Some of our locals made a reteiver similar to the one disc kind as referenced above but made it 4 discs wide. The have two light ropes, each about 300ft. One guy gets at one end and the other at the other end. Then they just drag it to each other, take a step sideways, then drag it the other way. I have seen them pull up dozens od discs. The other advantage is that if it gets stuck, the guy on the other end can usualy pull it lose.
my dad had a 12 ft painters pole and on the end he put a net complete with weighs and it was basket shaped. he used it for minnows but i tried it for discs and found i couldn't get it to settle and drag bottom. might have something to do with the thick pond scum i encountered. but i needed something with teeth like my rake to dig in and uproot the disc from its place.
For years we used a 20' telescoping fishing pole with a treble hook on the end. Fishing is Big here and the pole cost only about $20.
I just go in in the water after them and let me tell you this water is cold in January in Michigan
Squids around here feel for them with their bare feet in the mud. Be careful of the glass.
The Golden Retriever works good !!!!
I just had to fish out my magic from one of our ponds....what I use is a heavy duty landscape rake. I wired up the frames gap so discs can't slide through, weighted down the business end of the rake, tie a 50' rope to the handle. If you can add 3 to 5 pounds to the end of the rake...I use exactly 3, it really digs in well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968