www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I can not seem to get a groove down for my putting at really any distance. I am going to start on the Mark Ellis Putting with confidence program during Feb, but I could really use some tips on the fundamentals of putting...I also am currently putting with an Aviar, but have been considering trying a new putter, so if you have any suggestions on putters that would be great.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i use a soft ryno myself but i'm switching 2 the jk aviar.... but just keep putting... and i can't stress this enough putt with confidence.... the mental part is such a big part of this game play every shot confidently... don't get mad or if u do don't stay mad leave it at the hole and move on.. check out my blogs and there are a couple that should help you... if u have any questions just hit me up.... remember NEGATIVE THOUGHTS BRING NEGATIVE RESULTS
Try and practice "push putting" - get the Champions Way DVD. Dave Feldberg and Ken Climo have a good explatation of how to "push putt" and "spin putt" Ultimately, you decide if you are going to make the putt before you even thow it. So practice alot (muscle memory) and try not to think too much. Also, for putts within 30-feet, try and focus on a link you want to hit, clear your thoughts (but feel confident) and make your shot. Don't watch the disc fly, instead keep your focus on the link you are aiming for until the disc splashes into the chains.
Stay with your Aviar. I learned to putt by watching the best putters around and I noticed something. They all had in common. They putt HARD. Not so hard that the disc falls out of the chains, but they don't try to float it in. So my advice, pretend the basket is further back than it really is. No pansey putting. One more thing...keep a clear head. If you have a bad feeling step back turn around, look somewhere else, then step back up to putt.
your doomed! ddooommed I say !!!

haha. my only advice would be stick with the putter you have. nothing wrong with the Aviar!!
I only say that because I have tried to "fix" my putting by using different putters thinking it would solve my problem, and in a way..it did, because it made me realize it was me and my form, and has and will be said some more, my 'mental' game, which was causing me issues.
but otherwise.. I like my Discraft Soft Challenger and the Quest Crossfire (which I lost ) and even my old Buzzz for putting sometimes. (the Aviar is currently in my bag:)

opinions are like putters, everyone has a different one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968