www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Post pictures of your disc golf carts! I want to make one but I'm not sure where to begin. I don't want to spend over $50 if thats possible. I did see a folding cart at Walmart for $20, but the 2 things I didn't like about it were the small wheels and that I would have to bend down to get my discs.

It looked like this but the wheels were a little bit smaller:

I also have one more question: How much is a PDGA membership and do you have to renew it every year? Also, would it be worth while to buy it if I live in the St. Petersburg/ Clearwater area? I mean, are there many PDGA events there and would I be able to enter them even though I'm a beginner?

Thanks guys.

Tags: cart, clearwater, disc, florida, golf, membership, pdga, petersburg, pics, pictures, More…saint, st.

Views: 9633

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Job Dave on your cart !!!!
I have a cart kind of like Jack's but it's still evolving.
It has a foam speaker box for my amplified speakers and my IPOD, so I can rock out without my headphones (only in casual play)
The cooler on mine is an oval Igloo with a tap which is where I attach the bungee cords to secure it to the cart. It originally was a stroller and I left the footrest on it but took everything else off.
I also bought a metal basket from Lowe's and used heavy tie-straps to attach to the frame, and I just throw my bag in it.
I was having the problem with flat tires that someone mentioned as well. In fact, at the Big Arms Over The Brazos one year I had three flats. The one at the end of the first round wasn't too bad, fixed it during lunch break. Then the second over night, but the third one was on day two and the whole cart went into the back of my truck. I decided I wasn't going to screw with inflatable tires anymore so a search turned up a nice alternative at Greentyre (a solid rubber tire w/ millions of air bubbles)
It also has two rolling billboards with all my favorite vendor's stickers on them, like DD, Zonedriven, Innova, etc
It still needs a trash bin for when I pick up someone else's empties though.

The three above pictures are my aforementioned cart, peace.
hey now,always be on the lookout for lawnmowers that have been "retired", ready for the trash pick-up.Those walk behind mowers with larger wheels in back would be the best bet.Garage sales for those older golf strollers like Jamie mentioned.Those grocery carts are not strong enough that you saw at Wal-Mart.Best of luck,Peace
Lawnmower ?
hey now,use the back two large wheels from a self-propelled lawnmower that has gone to the lawnmower bone yard (dead).I've also used the entire frame,minus motor,as a wheel barrel/wagon for moving yard trash/debris.Recycling what one has on hand.You just add large container to it's deck.

Donny Olow said:
Lawnmower ?
carts are for 90 and older only.
Hi Everyone,
As long as we are showing off our disc golf carts for others to get some idea's from...here is mine.
It's pretty much a go anywhere type of cart. Discs fit nicely in the trunk. On rainy days..a top comes up and over the seating compartment to keep me and my driver nice and dry.
The horn works as well for the benefit of slower players.
My cart also works well on Florida disc golf courses or on Medina Ohio courses in summer.
Here it is:
p style="text-align: left;">

I am building amyself a new disc golf cart. I found a old jogging stroller at a flea market for $20! Stripped it down to the frame, added two basket I found in the trash at store next door to where I work. Top shelf for disc golf bag, second shelf is for folding stool, cooler and trash I pick up off the course. The jogging stroller is much more stable than a two wheel golf cart and the larger tires roll much easier. I was at Harbor Freight yesterday and I saw that they have a firewood cart ( http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=44599 ) with 20'' pneumatic tires and a load capacity of 200 lbs for $45. It might be a good starting point.
From some one who has had both 3 wheel and 2 wheel carts, in my opinion there is no question to that choice 3 WHEEL IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO. I would never go back to any type of 2 wheel cart. :-)

Peter Bonnel said:
I am building amyself a new disc golf cart. I found a old jogging stroller at a flea market for $20! Stripped it down to the frame, added two basket I found in the trash at store next door to where I work. Top shelf for disc golf bag, second shelf is for folding stool, cooler and trash I pick up off the course. The jogging stroller is much more stable than a two wheel golf cart and the larger tires roll much easier. I was at Harbor Freight yesterday and I saw that they have a firewood cart ( http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=44599 ) with 20'' pneumatic tires and a load capacity of 200 lbs for $45. It might be a good starting point.
Nice cart Dave! I will be stealing the idea for the "license plat" so that I can put some "FLAIR" on my wheels.

Nascar Dave said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968