www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Post pictures of your disc golf carts! I want to make one but I'm not sure where to begin. I don't want to spend over $50 if thats possible. I did see a folding cart at Walmart for $20, but the 2 things I didn't like about it were the small wheels and that I would have to bend down to get my discs.

It looked like this but the wheels were a little bit smaller:

I also have one more question: How much is a PDGA membership and do you have to renew it every year? Also, would it be worth while to buy it if I live in the St. Petersburg/ Clearwater area? I mean, are there many PDGA events there and would I be able to enter them even though I'm a beginner?

Thanks guys.

Tags: cart, clearwater, disc, florida, golf, membership, pdga, petersburg, pics, pictures, More…saint, st.

Views: 10536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm assuming you already had those bags?

Jack Davis said:
This is my cart, I have 20 bucks in it.

Yes, the top bag is my Innova Comp bag, and the "bag" below is my soft cooler. Like I have said before, I didn't build this to carry plastic, plastic is lite, but to Hell with carrying BEER!
Jack Davis said:
Yes, the top bag is my Innova Comp bag, and the "bag" below is my soft cooler. Like I have said before, I didn't build this to carry plastic, plastic is lite, but to Hell with carrying BEER!

See it all depends on your individual needs....lol!!!! 12 pack needs cart!!!! Notice the positioning of the heavier beer cooler at the lower position on Jack's type of cart....This is to add needed ballast in preventing tip-overs or uneven wieght disc-persement.
carts are a good idea except if you ever play courses with alot of up and downs such as golden hills in blacksburg va or hawk hollow in spotsylvania ur are gunna be wishin you were carrying ur bag and finding a spot to set your cart while shooting could get tough.
I used a old Stanley tool box; just add wheels.
Attachments:
James Brown said:

Jack Davis said:

I have a cart kind of like Jack's but it's still evolving.
It has a foam speaker box for my amplified speakers and my IPOD, so I can rock out without my headphones (only in casual play)
The cooler on mine is an oval Igloo with a tap which is where I attach the bungee cords to secure it to the cart. It originally was a stroller and I left the footrest on it but took everything else off.
I also bought a metal basket from Lowe's and used heavy tie-straps to attach to the frame, and I just throw my bag in it.
I was having the problem with flat tires that someone mentioned as well. In fact, at the Big Arms Over The Brazos one year I had three flats. The one at the end of the first round wasn't too bad, fixed it during lunch break. Then the second over night, but the third one was on day two and the whole cart went into the back of my truck. I decided I wasn't going to screw with inflatable tires anymore so a search turned up a nice alternative at Greentyre (a solid rubber tire w/ millions of air bubbles)
It also has two rolling billboards with all my favorite vendor's stickers on them, like DD, Zonedriven, Innova, etc
It still needs a trash bin for when I pick up someone else's empties though.
try to find a used jogging stroller, make sure it has a hand brake and a locking set of brakes for hills. I bought one new several years ago and it has survived hundreds of rounds with my kids, carrying extras (drinks,snacks,etc), towels, diapers,etc. One of the best purchases I have made in the past several years.....It has allowed me to introduce the worlds best sport to my tots( look out worlds 2028!) and allowed my wife to regain her sanity when we were golfing!
Roger that!

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Jack Davis said:

See it all depends on your individual needs....lol!!!! 12 pack needs cart!!!! Notice the positioning of the heavier beer cooler at the lower position on Jack's type of cart....This is to add needed ballast in preventing tip-overs or uneven wieght disc-persement.
Yes I too have put on more stickers, and added a swivel drink holder and a place to hook a small trash bag for general needs.

I have not had any issues with flat tires, most of the courses I play with this are relatively flat ones.

Nascar Dave said:
James Brown said:

Jack Davis said:

I have a cart kind of like Jack's but it's still evolving.
It has a foam speaker box for my amplified speakers and my IPOD, so I can rock out without my headphones (only in casual play)
The cooler on mine is an oval Igloo with a tap which is where I attach the bungee cords to secure it to the cart. It originally was a stroller and I left the footrest on it but took everything else off.
I also bought a metal basket from Lowe's and used heavy tie-straps to attach to the frame, and I just throw my bag in it.
I was having the problem with flat tires that someone mentioned as well. In fact, at the Big Arms Over The Brazos one year I had three flats. The one at the end of the first round wasn't too bad, fixed it during lunch break. Then the second over night, but the third one was on day two and the whole cart went into the back of my truck. I decided I wasn't going to screw with inflatable tires anymore so a search turned up a nice alternative at Greentyre (a solid rubber tire w/ millions of air bubbles)
It also has two rolling billboards with all my favorite vendor's stickers on them, like DD, Zonedriven, Innova, etc
It still needs a trash bin for when I pick up someone else's empties though.
Hey bro, Don't use bungees or you'll get stroked for it. The last thing we need out their is some guys cart having a breakdown in the middle of the round. I think you said you were in the Tampa area? Come out to the Handicap in Clearwater and check out some of the finest carts around. look at some of our designs and use them or tweak them to meet your needs. By the way, those of you that think carts are for puxxxxs think again. I work in construction and am on my feet all day. I used to think what do I need a cart for? Then I got one. Playing all those four round two day tournaments and not feeling totally drained .........Priceless. Gets a little warm here and having the cooler with extra water, Gatorade, and Mt Dew is actually quite nice. That's just my thought.
Hey Hey,
There is a disc golf cart in USA www.gottagogottathrow.com
Chip

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968