www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone had tips for helping me with my drive. i throw left handed with the x-step. i usually get around 350. i havent been able to get more than that. if anyone has some tips to get a larger drive. let me know. thanks

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

let your free arm hang down by your side, arm speed back slap'
more snap
A few things you can try: - play with guys that are better than you(make sure you watch them throw) - watch videos of the pros - have a friend take a few videos of your drive so you can see where the problem is - Practice - drink more beer(at least you will have an excuse) - sell your soul to the DG devil :)
Hold on tighter, throw harder, use four fingers and get that snap.
I started out with drivers-ed. then quickly moved on to driving around a parking lot and pulling the E-brake when it rained. I swear it made me a better driver.

I've only hit 1 mailbox, 2 kids on a moped, a school bus, and a small tree. only 3 of those were my fault too.

umm. oops. wrong driving?

but seriously, without seeing your form it's hard to say.

are you pulling your drive straight across your chest? IDK ?
I laugh at these every time I see them. I throw further than 90% of the people who play disc golf, can you help me get more distance. I saw an interesting pole of like 5k disc golfers and the average drive was only 293. that's feet! I think a better question is this: "I throw 350 feet on average drives, can you help me be more accurate?" I guess this is a little of my own frustration (My long drives are 250) showing through. I figured after 5 months of playing I would be throwing 300 feet. At least I'm accurate though...
so you think getting four finger on it will provide moe snap. i use three for the most part. i come across my chest every throw or at least i try to. thanks for the help and if anyone else has ideas, hit me up. thanks
work on weight transfer and a smooth steady pull through. Don't try to muscle it. Just concentrate on the pull through making sure your edge is down and you pull straight across your chest. Hips are a big factor if your not rotating your hips it robs distance. You're driving 350 feet so I'm sure you doing all of these. Just keep working on it. Check out Dan Beato's driving technique video..It's on here some where.
John Hodgkins said:
I laugh at these every time I see them. I throw further than 90% of the people who play disc golf, can you help me get more distance. I saw an interesting pole of like 5k disc golfers and the average drive was only 293. that's feet! I think a better question is this: "I throw 350 feet on average drives, can you help me be more accurate?" I guess this is a little of my own frustration (My long drives are 250) showing through. I figured after 5 months of playing I would be throwing 300 feet. At least I'm accurate though...

A strong pull through the whip/rip. And constant concentration on the wall of the rim where your finger pads are gripping. This is where the disc rips from. This concentration will allow you to feel and time the rip. This is all you need to throw farther than 300ft. For accuracy, you will need to feel where the rip is going, how the disc is oriented when it is ripping, and where it is when it starts ripping. Accuracy comes second.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968