www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I recently got a 171g Star Katana.  Innova claims its an easy distance disc or something like that...  Other than one good forehand hyzer shot, I can't figure the disc out.  I rely on a forehand (other than my 350' thumber) and typically throw a boss or wraith around 280 to 350ish, but not consistently.  I have been searching for that great distance disc and gave the Katana a shot.  Right now the only way I can throw it is with a massive hyzer.

Any tips on throwing it forehand, is it better suited for backhand, what angle should I release it on for max distance, any other input???  Thanks

Views: 639

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the deal John... I can throw a Firebird or Monster 350' consistently as long as there isn't a massive cross/head wind. It always ends up where I want it (3 aces are enough evidence I would think). My dilema is I know I can throw a forehand just as far and sometimes farther on a good throw. I am just looking for that disc I can consistently bomb forehand because some shots call for me to keep my shot low. I am trying to improve my game, thats all.

Isn't the point to always look to improve your game in all areas?
Point taken.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. It's gorgeous but if you throw it, how do you find it?
168-171 Katana is just fine !!!
On the Innova site it states that the Katana is for advanced players. I have a good 450ft drive cosistent and accurate. My Katana got away from me the first few times I threw it, which was in a field. I adjusted my grip, not my power and now I'm ripping it too. Tight 4 finger grip. Very smooth and low is what works for my 173gm katana.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968