www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I recently got a 171g Star Katana.  Innova claims its an easy distance disc or something like that...  Other than one good forehand hyzer shot, I can't figure the disc out.  I rely on a forehand (other than my 350' thumber) and typically throw a boss or wraith around 280 to 350ish, but not consistently.  I have been searching for that great distance disc and gave the Katana a shot.  Right now the only way I can throw it is with a massive hyzer.

Any tips on throwing it forehand, is it better suited for backhand, what angle should I release it on for max distance, any other input???  Thanks

Views: 675

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the deal John... I can throw a Firebird or Monster 350' consistently as long as there isn't a massive cross/head wind. It always ends up where I want it (3 aces are enough evidence I would think). My dilema is I know I can throw a forehand just as far and sometimes farther on a good throw. I am just looking for that disc I can consistently bomb forehand because some shots call for me to keep my shot low. I am trying to improve my game, thats all.

Isn't the point to always look to improve your game in all areas?
Point taken.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. It's gorgeous but if you throw it, how do you find it?
168-171 Katana is just fine !!!
On the Innova site it states that the Katana is for advanced players. I have a good 450ft drive cosistent and accurate. My Katana got away from me the first few times I threw it, which was in a field. I adjusted my grip, not my power and now I'm ripping it too. Tight 4 finger grip. Very smooth and low is what works for my 173gm katana.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968