www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have a couple discs that appear somewhat ruined by heavy staining obtained from sitting in nasty water for an extended period of time.  Most of the discs I don't really care about, but I just got traded one without my knowledge, and I'd really like to clean it up.  So, that leads me to wonder if anyone else has a tried-and-true method for removing those nasty water/mud stains.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: cleaning, discs, equipment, stains

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Once stains or magic markers absorb deep into the plastic it is tough to get out. If it is on the surface the chemical solvents work well, acetone, Goof-off, etc.
I've had good luck getting rid of scuff marks and other stains that don't rub off by using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - it looks like a white sponge. It's abrasive enough to remove the stain, but not anywhere near as abrasive as sandpaper. That might do the trick.
like Mark said, once its in hte disc, it is there to stay. You can get off the surface dirt but hte disc will actually get dyed from the filth staining the plastic. Our course ie around two big lakes and we have fished out probably around 300 discs in the past 3 years. We have tried everything. You can mask the smell, clean some of the dirt but you mihgt as well as live with the stain. Better yet, dont throw your shit in the water!!
I don't like it when my disc's look to new... nothing better then a few good stains!
try some CLR on a disc you dont mind what happens to and tell us what happens
Thanks to everyone for your input. I tried fingernail polish remover and Goo Gone. Both seemed to work about the same. After soaking and a lot of scrubbing with a Brillo pad the mud stains did fade significantly. The disc looks and feels much better than it was, but I still don't think it will ever come clean. I may try more later, but my hands are worn out at this point. Thanks again!
I use a scoop of OxiClean with a big squirt of dish soap in hot water just deep enought to cover the disc in the sink. Let them soak and then scrub with worn out green scrub pad. I have cleaned up discs that I found the the lake that I thought were black disc and after cleaning found that they were white.
OxiClean (or the generic alternative) and hot water will clean a lot of things.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968