www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey y'all!

I am very excited, i played my first round of disc golf today at Veteran's park!  I had a great time (when I could find the tees haha) and scored an 84.  I noticed how amazing other people were doing, and was wondering if there was a clinic that maybe someone offered or was willing to hold to go over the basics.  If not, is there a group willing to take on a beginner to maybe walk a few games to learn from veterans?   

Thank y'all so much!!!!

Michael

Views: 410

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't forget the mental aspect.Don't get frustrated when you throw bad ,learn from it and have fun.
you got this mike,,and practice practice practice...hey christmas is not far off start hinting around for a basket.good luck sir.
Welcome to the great, addictive sport of disc golf.See ya on the fairway.
Ha, yeah I have been using my couch cushion for putting practice.. I've put about 2 hours into practice, which doesn't sound like much, but for only had discs for 4 days, I am working on it haha.

Take all the advice that you can.

Apply what you learn.

Practice, Practice, and Practice.

When all is said and done,

Develop your STYLE. 

Everyone is the same but DIFFERENT.

The Phrase, "I want to be like Climo" is cute, but

nobody can be him except for him. 

Be you, only better.

Most of all, have fun.

Thank y'all very much.  All the videos and advice have definitely already helped me exponentially!

I found the information on this link to be very helpful. Read it once, then go practice. Read it again and go practice. Repeat often. There is so much information on technique that most of it won't make much sense at first, keep at it and practice. The link is a good reference to keep coming back to as you progress.

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/articles/distancesecrets.sh...

Try the Bonapane grip.  In short, when you grip the disc, put your thumb on the top edge of the disc with your index finger on top of your thumb.  The other three fingers are under the rim.  It will probably feel really weird at first but it helps keep he nose of the disc down which should prevent those throws from going so high up into the air and give you instant added distance.  Once you get the hang of keeping the nose down, I suggest you abort the Bonapane grip as you can probably get more distance with a power grip.
Love the shot at the end where Dave gets head smacked. That Was pretty funny. Good video though. And the Push is much more effective than the spin.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968