www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

playing hickory hills for the first time. what do i ned to know about it? shots i'll need,course layout. ive heard i could easily lose a couple discs.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they may have a course map at the store/office

you might want to have a couple discs your not too attached to, as there are a few holes near water.
The Hickory Hills course in Traverse City, Michigan is a ski/sledding hill course. So you will throw a lot up or down but not a lot flat.

It is always useful to have a local guide to learn a new course so make new friends in the parking lot if you can.

Hickory Hills is a fine and challenging course. I don't recall any water but I am old and my memory is suspect. It is easy to miss the line throwing downhill and shank into the woods. If you have little practice throwing up or down steep hills it is much harder than it looks.
I don't recall any water, either. Maybe they added a pool.
is it a disc golf store? what is a good score?
Yeah take a guide for sure. Bring some hiking shoes or boots. Lots of elevation and plenty of woods. Some of the pads are short. Just like Mark said its like playing on a ski hill. I also do not remember there being any water. But I do remember a lot of hills. You could throw a disc and miss and it could roll down a hill for days. There is one throw that is SO FREAKING AMAZING! You throw down a ski hill, over 1000 feet with a beautiful view of Traverse City and the bay. Bring sun tan lotion and plenty of bug spray.
I lost a disc on that long downhill hole. Probably the longest disc throw I ever had, but it hyzered down in to the woods and under the leaves. Found one there, too (returned to original owner).

All the up and down. It's a work out. Take water. I like the course a lot.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968