www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am have hip replacement surgery next week. Has any one had experience with getting back into disc golf after surgery. Did it change how you throw? Any advice.
Thanks Peter

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey now,Godspeed on your recovery from surgery Peter.Practice,practice and speedy recovery.Sound advice for pulling a cart,less weight on your body when recovered.Peace,hit chains..soon.
good food based supplements
Good luck on your recovery I may be in the same boat in the future. My right hip often gets sore after playing but as of now it's not too bad, my question should I just wait until it becomes really painful on a regular basis before I consider a hip replacement?
Thanks.
I had shoulder and knee replacement surgery when I was 54 yrs.old. I was out for only three months. No pain now and it made my throwing motion smoother. It forced me to give up the "King Kong" attitude. Now I actually throw farther. Just work hard at rehab. Ice a lot, Merlot helps also.
i use a infra-red heat,automated accupressure/massage table. migun is the brand name
Sharky said:
Good luck on your recovery I may be in the same boat in the future. My right hip often gets sore after playing but as of now it's not too bad, my question should I just wait until it becomes really painful on a regular basis before I consider a hip replacement?
Thanks.

You look too young to have a bad hip -- you probably just have really tight gluteus medius and gluteus minimus muscles that need to be loosened up. A good massage therapist can do this for you plus once you see what they do, you can do some of that work yourself. Make sure the therapist is competent in trigger point therapy and is willing to work deep. Ps it's not going to be pleasurable getting this stuff broken up, expect some soreness.

As for Mr Bonnel, get out there and start using it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968