www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Got a new truck and had a cool hitch cover made.

Looking for a basket to replace the ball on the hitch.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks

Views: 0

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

for 12 grand, I'll make you one....hell 2!!!! HA!
Oh yeah!!! Littering and creating a nusiance!!! sry was a little late when I got that.
with alittle ingenuity you could probably make something out of parts from the local hardware store
was thinking about looking into to making one. have to check some stores out see what it takes
Start with a piece of stainless all thread. Next look into escusion plates (top and bottom) that will thread onto the all thread or at least slide on....epoxy as needed. For chains use cheap jewelry chain.

But for 12 grand we could maybe pick up a used portable mig welder....HA!
use some copper wire, and key chains chain or buy a long dog chain and clip off the lengths you need,
Check this...

http://discgolfer.ning.com/profile/Drumstix

This guy makes baskets that would fit perfect for what you need. I've seen the baskets up close and they are very well made.
Cruiser said:
Check this...

http://discgolfer.ning.com/profile/Drumstix

This guy makes baskets that would fit perfect for what you need. I've seen the baskets up close and they are very well made.

I agree, I have one of these mini mini baskets and they are awesome. They are more of a galvanized type finish. Maybe you can chrome it up for your wheels.
Saw his baskets pretty cool. Sent him an email
Chris Lenkiewicz said:
Saw his baskets pretty cool. Sent him an email

I saw those a while back they are cool...I asked him if they'd work for quarter bounce. You might be able to retrofit some galvanized or brass plumbing fittings into the hole for the ball to support the pole...using reducing couplings and something like a compression fitting. That might work. Those threads are pretty standard....5/8's or 3/4 course

The best way would be...to find a machine shop to drill a "nut's plumb" hole thru a piece of all thread so it would fit perfectly. They should have a jig for holding the stud plumb on the press.

You know if you do this...it will be cool...until you smash your shin walking behind your truck....well it will still be cool...just with some blood and a nasty bruise...Just remember it's there ;)
Why don't you put a real basket on the back of the truck, like Ron Russell had on the RV.
Then you can drive the truck around the park and have a portable basket/truck!
Oh but your vehicle might get dents from all the missed putts or ace runs........
Disc Player Sports said:
Why don't you put a real basket on the back of the truck, like Ron Russell had on the RV.
Then you can drive the truck around the park and have a portable basket/truck!
Oh but your vehicle might get dents from all the missed putts or ace runs........

Better yet!!! on the hood...where as you drive right at the putter...he has to make the putt and dive out of the way...."Chicken Putting"

I volunteer Norbert to go first!!! lmao!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968