www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My daughters won the FJ3 and FJ4 divisions two weeks ago at the Ladies of La Mirada Tournament in Southern California. It was a great day to be a caddy watching all the women play, and cheering my girls on to victory. My youngest is 10, and she has aspirations of playing at the Am Worlds in 2012, more power to her.

On Oct 21st thru the 23rd, we will be in Sacramento up by Folsom Lake for a 2 day ladies tournament. On friday we are tavelling up, and looking to play a round on the way. We will be driving from Los Angeles north on the 5 fwy or Hwy 99, depending on which offers us the best opportunity for a little DG adventure.

Any thoughts, or invites to play along the way would be very cool.

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wish I lived closer and I'd take you up on that! More importantly, CONGRATS to your Daughters! Hope to see them in 2012 at AM Worlds!
Congrats to your daughters, and to you too, proud dad!

It looks like we are going to be hitting Oak Grove (The birthplace of disc golf) or Veterans Park in Sylmar. If anyone is interested, we are playing Friday Oct 21st, anyone is welcome to meetup.

It's been a couple of weeks past since our trip up to Sacramento for the Monarch Ladies tourney. My daughter had a blast playing some new courses and competing against some of the most awesome ladies in Norcal. She played very well for a 10 year old, and handled herself like a young lady all weekend.

She played 4 rounds of golf at 4 different courses in 2 days. By the end of the first round at Shady Oaks she was leading her div. by 13 strokes. The second round at Carmichael she dropped 6 strokes when the wind came up, but still led the day by 7. The second Morning she played at the most beautiful little Junior disc golf course called Santa Anita. She shot even par and nailed her first birdie ever in competition to move her lead up to 11 strokes. The final round was played at Mackey DGC with final card girls in tow. By the 15th hole she had her lead up to 17 strokes. I told her to relax a little just throw whatever you want. Her answer was to throw what is called a dirt disc; you pile a bunch of dirt on your disc and tee of. (She is 10 you know) She dropped a few strokes on the puuter only hole, and another one on the upside down disc hole, but still won by 14 strokes.

I don't think the the 14 year old that she beatt was too upset, or the other girls in the group. The ladies that she outscored in the intermediate adult division where impressed, and very supportive. All in all it was a great weekend for the both of us. We are planning our next trip as week speak.

Bummer! wish I saw this before TODAY! Congrats on the wins! Tried to get my daughter into it, but alas...she had to start digging the horse back stuff. It's her gig though and it's what she wants not me :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968