www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Greeting everyone,

Just to update everyone, I finally went to Barnett Park and played hole 18 on the North Course.  As feared, I ended up throwing in the water about 25 yards short of the island.  I was disappointed, but relieved because I finally got the nerve to throw the hole.  I was using a Lightning 2 driver (which floats), just to find out that I could not make the distance.  So while I was there, I bought the "Whaoo", it feels great, haven't thrown it yet but I feel confident that I'll survive using that 12 speed driver over any water hole.

Second, I had been inquiring about the "Tour Del Sol" becuase that was the first torny I entered last year and I got a reply from Mike Barnett.  And was asked to pass the news.  So I copied his e-mail and will include it to this discussion.  But I would really like to thank everyone for replying to my first discussion "Am I too scared?"  Everyone was helpfull.  So "Thank you"

Here is the 2011 Tour del Sol schedule:

#1 - 3/5 & 3/6 - Spring Fling on the Suwannee (Featuring Zach Deputy) - Magnolia DG Course - Live Oak, FL - PDGA B-Tier (Showcase Event)
#2 - 4/16 - Floral Park - Floral City, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#3 - 4/23 - Lutz Executive Golf Course - Lutz, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#4 - 5/14 - PGA National Park - Palm Beach Gardens, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#5 - 5/15 - Indian Hammocks Park - Kendall, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#6A - 5/21 & 5/22 (Pro) - Sarasota Sky Pilots Open - N. Water Tower Park/Bobby Jones Golf Course - Sarasota, FL - PDGA B-Tier (Showcase Event)
#6B - 5/28 & 5/29 (Am) - Sarasota Amateur Championships - N. Water Tower Park/Bobby Jones Golf Course - Sarasota, FL - PDGA B-Tier (Showcase Event)
#7 - 6/4 - River City Nature Park - DeBary, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#8 - 6/5 - Pine Oaks Golf Course - Ocala, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#9 - 7/9 & 7/10 - Daytona Open - Tuscawilla Park - Daytona, FL - PDGA B-Tier (Showcase Event)
#10 - 7/16 - Maximo Park - St. Petersburg, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#11 - 7/17 - Lakeview Park - Sarasota, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#12 - 9/10 - John S. Taylor Park - Largo, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#13 - 9/11 - Youth Park - Pinellas Park, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#14 - 9/24 - Wickham Park - Melbourne, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#15 - 9/25 - Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake - Orlando, FL - PDGA C-Tier
#16 - 10/1 & 10/2 - Silver Springs Shootout - Ocala, FL - PDGA B-Tier (Showcase Event)
FINALS - 12/10 & 12/11 - PDGA B-Tier - Course and City To Be Determined

Of course this is subject to change without notice.

There are major changes from the 2009 & 2010 Tour del Sol. Our goal is still to bring out new players, raise money for EDGE and have fun, but we now offer a tour membership option, a points system to qualify players for the finals and finals event which will conclude the season. To kick things off right, out first event is in Live Oak at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park. the event will feature Disc Golf and Kan Jam and Zach Deputy will play a concert on Saturday night! The tournament, the concert and primitive camping are included in your entry fee!

I hope this information helps - spread the word!

Thanks,
Mike Barnett

www.SunKingDiscs.com
www.PlayersCup.org
www.DelSolDiscGolf.com
www.SunKingTravel.com

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations on conquering your fear. Now to get that last 25 feet!
Good shit I'm glad you went for it.  You will get it to the Island soon.  I bet before you know it you will be asking yourself why you ever skipped that hole.
I always just carry a less desirable disk to use on that hole. That way I can still play it and if it ends up in the drink, so be it.
Way to go!  I agree on the carrying of a less desirable discs.  I usually try to make it of a mold that I already throw so I can have a better Idea of the flight of a disc also.  Trying to throw a disc you have never or barely thrown could also make the hole a little harder.

You'll find that extra distance you need in throwing that Wahoo. Way to let it rip Vic.

Obviously you were playing long pads!!!!  I just aim for the trees!!! If you hit the trees you are just going to drop on island!!!! I lost one in the water today!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968