www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Funny thing happened in my back yard course today.I have an Innova discbasket about 180ft., slightly downhill through some trees.It's one of those lightweight ones that often gets blown over, like today. So I tee it up with a Discraft Impact 150 and let it fly.It goes straight in the basket lying on the ground.Is it a hole in one? I've had one on the course, and one in the back yard, but not one with the basket on the ground, count it or not?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I only count holes in one on real courses during a round. Did you win the ace pool? There you go.
Gary Hancock said:
I hate to disagree with you Rescue but...According to PDGA rules the disc has to come to rest inside a upright basket...not hit chimes or bells or whatever. In all actuality the PDGA doesn't recognize any other type of basket. At any PDGA sanctioned event the ONLY baskets you will find will be upright, and will have chains as the stopping device.
That being said...I would count that as an ACE..due to the fact that I was at an tournament last summer and a guy hit an ACE at 175 feet, and won the ACE pot.

Actually that is not accurate. Here is from the tech standards of the PDGA site:

"Targets are typically constructed with a basket and typically have a deflection assembly above it. In
addition, post-style targets may be approved that have an identified target zone but no basket."

You ARE correct in that a deflection style target with a basket must be used in all events down to a Major-C Tier, but you can host an X-Tier event with post style targets...So a chime type target would work too for an official ace.

In this case, no ace. It changes the catching method of the basket completely. But it really doesn't matter does it? I had a lot of fun throwing from my in-law's deck at their firepit 160 ft away that was essentially a perfect hole about the same ratio of disc to hole as ball golf. It was a rewarding feeling to drop them in that, not an ace, but really fun.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968