www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My main goal for 2010 is to really work on my back hand, I have never really been able to get it down.  I recently have added a Z Comet, and a X Comet to my bag, and I feel like it has helped me to shave off more strokes than any other disc that I have tried.  I think that I even like it better than the Buzz.  Although, the Buzz still isn't coming out of my bag.
Just looking to see what other people think about the Comet, So far 2 weeks in my bag and I love it.

Tags: Comet, Discraft, Elite, X, Z

Views: 444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe the comet should all come with nothing but a dollar sign stamped on it. It is purely a finesse disc but in some situations you can really get on it. There are different runs however that I have found in the z plastic that are much more stable than others and these are the ones you want. I throw almost purely rocs for my midrange game and even though I live in discraft country I throw purely innova except for the comet. I havent found anything else like it and it has for me taken multiple strokes off my game as well, so stick with it and it will only get better.
Won't play a competition round without one in my bag.
Thanks, I really like the Z Comet because it really seems to hold a line, I like the X Comet because I can throw it hard with a bit of a hyzer release and it flips up and carries quit a way.
I tried to like it, but I ended up with a Hawk instead. Reminds me of a small diameter Comet, well sort of. It just felt to big and cumbersome for me.
I have 2 comets in the bag 1 esp and a Z and you can do so much with the comet its not funny ....but discraft needs to get off horse and make more esp's that is the best run of a comet the Z are good but esp are god like !!!! money is the comet esp sweet money
I have a 1st run and I like it alot. The only beef I have with it is that it carrys too far on occasion. Otherwise it's a good flyer. I should try a Z and see what it's like.
Though I agree with you Ray, those esp's sat and rotted on shelves. New players buy the majority of retail discs and the comet simply isn't that appealing to new players, especially with all the buzz about the buzzz. If you threw tp comets then you probally love the ESP. The comet is getting more love then it has in a few years , I beleive due to other forums love of it.
The Limited Edition ESP Comet is one of the best discs to be found. Long putts, Hard tailwind drives, and those finesse approaches ... it works for all of them well. Add to that the fact that it is beginner friendly, well, it is one of the best ever.
I used to swear that an Elite Z Hawk would be the answer, to solving my backhand problem I thought the same thing about the Comet, that is was just to big, it kinda reminded me of a mini Ultimate disc, but I found that I can get way more distance with the Comet, and it even holds a good line on a pretty big hyzer.
The Hawk also kinda reminds me of a Mini Comet.
Agreed may be the best disc ever, ever since I've been throwing my Comet, it has completely corrected all the flaws in my backhand throwing.
All this talk of how sweet the ESP Comets are makes me want to go and try to find one.
I spent an entire day throwing my ZComet, ZBuzzz, and ESPMeteor, probably over a 1000 throws, thinking i might use all 3 in my bag, straight, hyzer and anhyzer. I played object golf in an area that was approximately 250ft by 250ft, going around trees, hitting gaps, etc.

I came to the conclusion that the Comet was the least desirable of the 3, and then the Meteor. I found i could put the Buzzz on any line and it would hold it, and was better in a headwind, so out went the other two, only need 1 midrange in my bag. Hawk is my 2nd favorite midrange fyi, but i don't need them both.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968