www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

does anyone else have a favorite course, that you play often; is close to where you live; has many people who love the sport as locals; enjoy every time you get to play this great, fun sport; but have one or two guys  that seem to be there for all the wrong reasons? making it less enjoyable for all?

talking to said person reasonably yeilds no results; in fact only provokes and angers them further and the point is not taken.

my main concern is the effect this might have on the neighbors of the course; city-owned property, etc,; eventual law enforcement involvement (which has allready happened.... ) ..... leading to the enevitable closure of the course due to public complaints....  

looking forward to any responses/ideas to deal with this situation legally..  i dont want the city to close a course due to complaints of one person who can't seem to get along with everyone else.. 

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's sad when one person can ruin the experience for everyone. I don't condone any violence either, everytime he shows up call the cops. sooner or later he will give up, or do something so stupid with the cops there they'll take him away.
I'm not a doctor,( though i play one on tv) ;P but it sounds like he needs help. serious rubber room type help. Good Luck !
MAKE A VIDEO COLLECT EVIDENCE , AND KEEP RECORDS . THEN WHEN THE POLICE COME NEXT TIME YOU'LL HAVE PROOF OF HARASMENT . ITS A HASSLE BUT NOTHING WILL HAPPEN UNTIL SOMEONE SEES EVIDENCE , INSTEAD OF HEAR-SAY.
IRON MAIDEN! *plays his air guitar a la Bill and Ted*
Ba-la-ling-a-ding-a-ling-a-ling-a-ling=a=ling!!!
Sniper !! Don't Run!!! ...you'll just die tired!! lmao
You might point out to your city counsel that parks around the U.S. have crimes commited at them.This is no reason or solution.Just look a Central Park of New York,if parks were shut down because of criminal activities,this park would have been a parking lot by now.Explain to city councel the positive things about the park and how they outweigh the negative ones.If we shut down everything because of a few bad apples,it is like saying that they win and you lose.
It looks like most replies have totally missed the focus of your point.Which was your concern park closure.
Post his number so he can get an array voicemails,from a library or work computer of course.Just kidding!
thanks to everyone for responding.

the situation has worsened, however...
the 'bad apple' in this situation was arrested again yesterday for allegedly bringing a gun to the course.

i've been trying to find out the exact charge against him to learn how long he might be locked up, but now i really dont want anything to do with trying to talk to or help him..

i fear now that there will only be more police presence everytime he shows up (if ever again), but if i was one on the cops continually showing up at the same place for the same guy, well, i'm sure the city is going to come to the eventual conclusion to decide wether or not to close the course.

we'll see how this all plays out soon, i'm sure.
WOW such and idiot
Wow, sounds like he needs a psych eval for sure.
Gun + CA = Rope (DPS reference)

...your problem may have just solved it's self.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968